Hello to all.

Midget

Registered Member
Well obviously I am new here. I was directed here by Babe_Ruth. And so far I am glad I was directed here. Well, how about a bit about myself..........

I am 29. I work as low level IT support for my ISP. I have 2 children. Both girls. The oldest is 9 and the youngest is just over 1 year. (I know, that's a crazy spread.) Their Mother and I have been together for over 11 years now. No real plans on getting married yet. We figure we will do it one of these years.

My hobbies consist of cars, video games, electronics, explosions, beer, and bewbs. In no specific order.

With cars I prefer old muscle and Honda's. (Yes, a very strange combo.) But I consider myself a competent back yard mechanic.

I love video games. It is my only real vice. This is how I relax. I am past the bar and club days. And it is fairly inexpensive. I am on XBL on most of my nights off. My gamertag is AMidgetAndAClub. (If you happen to send me a friend request, please include a message.)

I also enjoy home A/V, as well as car audio. I am not a complete audiophile, but I do appreciate good sound. I also do all my own installs and designing.

So, any questions, please feel free to ask. I am easy to get along with. Although I am a Grammar Nazi myself, I try not to impose it upon others. :cool:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Welcome to the forums, I am very glad you accepted my offer, you seem to be liking this place already, which is a great thing. I didn't know you liked beer, whats your favorite kinds? Ask anybody here, they'll tell you I enjoy beer as well. Hopefully you'll remain active. Enjoy yourself and I'll see you around.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey bro. There are a few Grammar Nazi's here. You'll fit right in. :D

Old muscle AND Hondas? Usually those two are rivalries. :lol:

What are some of your favorite game types? RPG, FPS by chance?

It's interesting that you mention home A/V. I almost got into installing that type of stuff a while back. I've always been interested in tech stuff, wiring custom setups, etc. Cars as well. I do my own car wiring (when the car warrants it) too.

What's your preferred audio brand? If you're like me then you'll have your PC running through a stereo and using speakers and subs meant for home theater vs. standard computer speakers. :lol:

Midget

Registered Member
Hey bro. There are a few Grammar Nazi's here. You'll fit right in. :D

Old muscle AND Hondas? Usually those two are rivalries. :lol:

What are some of your favorite game types? RPG, FPS by chance?

It's interesting that you mention home A/V. I almost got into installing that type of stuff a while back. I've always been interested in tech stuff, wiring custom setups, etc. Cars as well. I do my own car wiring (when the car warrants it) too.

What's your preferred audio brand? If you're like me then you'll have your PC running through a stereo and using speakers and subs meant for home theater vs. standard computer speakers. :lol:
Well, with old muscle, they started it all. If it wasn't for their ingenuity back then, we wouldn't get very far of would we. lol

I as of right now, enjoy shooters. RPG's have never been a big thing with me. Basically anything I find fun.

I am a JL Audio and Alpine fan boy as far as car audio goes. If I could afford some of the higher brands like Audison or Dynaudio, I would be all over it. With home audio, I am still learning. I currently am running a 6.1 (currently only setup for 5.1 do to living room design) Yamaha home theater in a box. All using component and fiber. I have everything going through the reciever. It shakes the neighbors pictures off the wall. :lol:

I currently only have a laptop. I am stuck between just building a computer or buying a pre built. I really won't be using it. It is for the Wifey and her studies anyhow. But if I was a PC gamer, I would no doubt have my surround hooked to my home surround. :lol:

Quite an intro, great stuff. You forgot one detail though: Pepsi or Coke?? Welcome to GF bud!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nice. I use a Yamaha Sub with Bose satellites (with a Bose bass box as well) all running through a Sony surround sound receiver/amp. (On my PC)

Last edited:

Midget

Registered Member
Welcome to the forums, I am very glad you accepted my offer, you seem to be liking this place already, which is a great thing. I didn't know you liked beer, whats your favorite kinds?
Depends really. My "safety beers" are Heineken, just about any Sam Adams, and Molson Export. Although the Export is getting harder and harder to find. Grolsch (sp?) is a hard one to come by in commercial stores. The absolute lightest I can get is Corona Extra. I also enjoy Guinness with a farely rare steak from time to time.

Quite an intro, great stuff. You forgot one detail though: Pepsi or Coke?? Welcome to GF bud!
Coke. I will always take a fountain soda over anything else though.

Midget

Registered Member
Nice. I use a Yamaha Sub with Bose satellites (with a Bose bass box as well) all running through a Sony surround sound receiver/amp. (On my PC)
I really love Bose. I think they did a great job of cornering the market for those who want great sound with less hassle. But I will have to say, I swear in 1995 (roughly) their quality completely shifted. NOT that it is bad by any means. Not at all. Just that it is not up there like it used to be. The Bose outlet had the 3-2-1 system for $500 factory refurbished. I was tempted.....

Last edited: