• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hello! I am a new member

mrmulti

I have owned a computer business with a retail storefront for about 12 years. I am now ready to close up and concentrate on consulting from home. the reason I was looking for forums is because I wanted to "finally" develop maintenance plans for my customers. I have had a few inquiries about it, and also, I always feel guilty when customers I know should have been backing up and doing regular virus scans have a problem. I feel like I should have been helping them prevent it. (and making regular money at the same time.) Soooo... if any body in this forum can help me with this, I would love to hear from them. thanks.

Michael Wells, M&R Multimedia, Inc.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are these home users or business that you are consulting? If they are home users I recommend they go out and buy "Norton Ghost." It's a fairly simple to use program that will take care of backing up their data. Of course it's HIGHLY recommended that they back up to a secondary or external hard drive. Otherwise if their hard drive goes bad they are still in trouble.

Then for virus scans I am also a fan of Norton, but I use several spyware scanning programs as well. What are you currently recommending them to use?