hello from florida

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pamicon, May 19, 2005.

1. pamicon

pamicon New Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Pamela and i am 22 years old. I live in florida and i am about to graduate from college. I found this site while searching for outrageous ebay auction blogs. I heard about the pope chip, the forehead ads and now the goddess pretzel auction. I really like these crazy auctions, they are hilarious! :lol:

2. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Hello & Welcome! I'm also in Florida - near Orlando. This a great site, have fun!

3. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

Yes another girl for the site.... hehehe... Have a great time on here...

4. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Welcome to Auction Sightings, pamicon.

Enjoy cruising the site, posting, and come back often.

5. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Welcome to the site pamicon. You will love it here

6. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Wow I was right by both you and Julie last week! (then we headed to Vero) We could have taken pics and sold them on eBay or something :lol: Ahhh yes know 192 well.....use to live right off of it. HATE that road! BTW how many more years til they finish the darn thing? It must be what? 3 or 4 they've been working on it? At least they are more by St Cloud now than 4. Damn I miss "home" Even the tourists! :D OK not the tourists but I miss FL!

Oh how could I forget....Hi and welcome Pamela!

7. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Well, see, ya should have stayed down here a little longer & then Iggy comes down next week, the 4 of us could have got together! And not only pictures, but how about us all at someplace together like Disney & we're all singing "It's A Small World, After All..." Oh, I'm sure we'd make Pulse with that one!

But the world gets even smaller, cuz....hubby & I moved down here from WI at the end of '03! I don't know where you're at up there in Cheddarland, but we were in Appleton.

You REALLY miss FL? BAH, I'll trade ya anyday!

Ooohhh, I can tell all you other orange-heads, most people only heard of Orlando. But you guys probably know where I am. I am in Longwood off 434 & I-4.

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  8. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Yup know Longwood. This is freekin ol home week. Gee guess where I live? Come on....guess? Well my address really....I don't live IN the town. Are you guessing? Tada! Appleton!!!! Hubbies business is in Green Bay. We actually live in the town of Freedom and that's where my daughter will go to school (even though we are almost as close to Appleton North and Ferber so I guess I can pick)

Anyway we live in Kissimmee in the mid 90's. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have lived so close to "the action" but more like where you are (or farther) away from it all. I worked for Universal in their travel dept and hubby worked at (the time it was....can't remember what it is now) Starling GM/Pontiac. You really don't like it? How come? Someday we'll be back I hope (one of those nasty snowbirds :D).....although with a 3 yr old it will be quite some time yet! Even if hubby retires early we're kinda stuck here until she's at least 18. Don't think I'd take her from school here and put her in FL school!

......it's a small world after all.....it's a small world after all..... :) Now everyone get that song out of your head for the rest of the day :D

9. Julie

Julie Registered Member

OMG! That is too funny! If you're in Freedom you're not far from where we were at all! Okay, corner of College & Kensington, right by 441. There's a big apartment complex on the corner. Yep, that's where we lived! And the schools down here don't even come close to the ones in Appleton!

His family's down here. That's how we ended up down here. Actually, I'm ORIGINALLY from Chicago (yeah, a F.I.B., I know). Yeah, I do hate FL that much. You want to know why? Okay, here goes:

The first & last time I was down here I was 8 years old & was on vac in Orlando. Stayed in a hotel & went to Disney, Sea World, & Circus World (I know this one's gone now). It was for 1 week during Spring break. I thought FL was just so wonderful & beautiful. Now I moved down here 23 years later, & my childhood visions were shattered. What started off with me hating it here was last year when Spring started & all thru Summer. Keep in mind my daughter is 7 months, born in October. So guess what I was in the middle of during the HOTTEST months down here & no power from these stupid things called hurricanes? Yep, that's right, last tri-mester of my pregnancy. 1st one, Charlie - w/out power for over 1 week. 2nd & 3rd ones were each a few days. But it was a few days more than I wanted. So the weather is one factor. The other one is the people here & the crime rate in this state. I can't even watch the news anymore. I try watching the nationwide news channels instead, & most of the big stories that make those are ones that happened here in - you guessed it - good 'ol FL. I was born & raised in the suburbs of Chicago, & I never seen as much bad sh*t on the news as I do down here. I mean, we had Terry Schaivo & Jessica Lunsford stories going simultaneously on EVERY single news channel that we have on satellite! I lived up in WI for 9-10 years. I've been down here 1 1/2 years. I seen MORE horror stories on the news in the short time here than I did in 10 years in WI. Yeah sure, I got *ribbed* by people up there for bein a F.I.B. & of course for bein a BEARS fan, but the people are soooo different up there. I recently read in the Orlando Sentinel that FL is the 3rd highest state in the country for # of prisoners, we are just below CA & TX. And those states are ALOT bigger! Ooohhh, then there's the mammoth creature bugs & ANTS everywhere! UGH! Yeah, Nanner, I'll GLADLY trade places with you!

10. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

Welcome! Hope you like it hear :)