Hello from Austria

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Friendly Disbeliever, Aug 18, 2006.

1. (that's in Europe, by the way ;) )

Dear members,

herewith I'd like to introduce myself. My native language is German, but I like to use English professionally as well as for fun.

I am a chemist/ecologist, which means that I do analyses of environmental materials (soil etc.) for application in agriculture, forestry etc.

My interests are fairly widespread, I'm a curious guy.

The username means I'm an agnostic/atheist (depending on definiton), but not fanatic about it.

See you later!

2. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

Oooo hello Friendly Disbeliever, I dig your name.. :)

well have fun around here, this place is usually laid back.. well most of the time :D I hope you enjoy your stay and continue to post..

Oh and just follow the basic rules and you will be fine :)

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Welcome!

Come visit us in the MD section!

Hoosier.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Yeh! What he said!

An ecologist? Sounds like an interesting job. Well, look around, and indulge your curiosity.

Kaz

5. eric

eric Guest

Welcome it will be great to hear your views on a variety of subjects, especially global warming.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Welcome to the forums, I am very glad you've decided to join these forums, and hopefully you'll become an active member here at Fusion Central. Enjoy yourself and please be active.

7. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I like your credentials... I'm sure you'll be able to contribute some great and well thought out opinions and debates if you post in Mature Discussion. Welcome to Fusion Central, and hopefully you'll become active here.

Who doesn't know where Austria is...? It's not exactly like it hasn't been historically important or anything...

8. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Austria - Isn't that where kangaroos and Fosters lager is found?

Oh shit, nevermind.

Hoosier.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I like disbelieving too. it's fun :D

welcome

10. Gryf

Gryf Guest

Hey, Friendly. Man, I've never met anyone from Austria. I've got a fair-sized circle up in Germany, part of this worldwide network I'm trying to put together in case I need a hole to dive down when the revolution comes. Hehehe, us Yanks only have one way of learning languages other than English: reluctantly and with great annoyance. Hey, is it true that an English-speaking person can wander Austria all day and never hear a zephyr of German, even if they really want to? Hey, I don't make up the rumors: I just spread them.