• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hello everybody, thanks for the referral dDave

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Hmmm, my name is derived from the game Skyrim in which there is a ruin named Amarathian. Mine is spelled a bit differently for the sake of a semblance of originality. Haha :D... and also there is supposedly a word "Amaranth" that means: "an imaginary undying flower." which I didn't intend.
Amaranth is a real flower from which ancient cultures cultivated grain to make some delicious bread and other foods. It's kinda like wheat or rice, but it sounds way cooler.

It's also a pretty good song by a band called Nightwish:

Nightwish - Amaranth - YouTube

:welcome:

Amaranthien

Registered Member
Amaranth is a real flower from which ancient cultures cultivated grain to make some delicious bread and other foods. It's kinda like wheat or rice, but it sounds way cooler.

It's also a pretty good song by a band called Nightwish:

Nightwish - Amaranth - YouTube

:welcome:
That went from quite relaxing and enjoyable to making me jump out of my skin when the mad guitar riff came in. Made my ears bleed.

Impact

V.I.P.
Well, let's see. I really enjoy writing and reading as well as playing video games/ board games/card games etc. Games I've played recently... Bioshock Infinite, League of Legends, DOTA 2, Medieval 2: Total War.

Books I've read recently: The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear (Both Patrick Rothfuss), The Great Hunt (Robert Jordan), A Game of Thrones (George R. R. Martin, and The Hobbit (whom you should have at least heard of). My name is Ryan. I'm a massive Lord of the Rings geek.
Okay, we can be friends. Haha.

How did you like A Game of Thrones...are you going to read the rest of the series?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
That went from quite relaxing and enjoyable to making me jump out of my skin when the mad guitar riff came in. Made my ears bleed.
Really? I've never taken Nightwish to be Audiohaemophilia inducing; I guess maybe if you aren't expecting their...brand. I find it to be quite calming and thoughtful, myself.

Amaranthien

Registered Member
Okay, we can be friends. Haha.

How did you like A Game of Thrones...are you going to read the rest of the series?
Oh its very good. Tyrion is by far my favorite character with Ned being a close second. Sad that... certain events occur though. Poor Starks can't catch a break.
------
Really? I've never taken Nightwish to be Audiohaemophilia inducing; I guess maybe if you aren't expecting their...brand. I find it to be quite calming and thoughtful, myself.
Oh its not that I didn't enjoy it, the volume level on my headphones was just too loud and the sudden electric guitar was very, very unexpected.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
whitenblack Introductions 18
GetReady2Fly Introductions 4
alegio Introductions 7
T Introductions 10
Ivan13 Introductions 14