• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Heisman Finalists announced!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Cam Newton, LaMichael James, Kellen Moore, Andrew Luck Heisman finalists - ESPN

It has been announced that on SATURDAY, the Heisman trophy will be awarded to one of these four men:

LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
Kellen Moore, QB, Boise St.
Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Who do I want to win? Andrew Luck or Kellen Moore.
Who do I know will win? Cam Newton.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Cam Newton will win in a landslide. He's been the best player. I don't think he deserves it though if all the rumors are true. I don't want to see another Reggie Bush scenario.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cam Newton will definitely win in a landslide like Echoes mentioned. The numbers he put up this season were simply off the charts.

That said Andrew Luck will probably be the runner up and be the first overall pick this upcoming draft...depends who finishes last.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
My predicted results:

Newton
Luck
Moore
James

The hardest race will be for 2 and 3.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I read some things online that apparently a good number of Heisman candidates are not voting for Cam Newton to win (and in some cases completely leaving him off the ballot) because of the whole pay-to-play issue. It will be interesting to see if this movement gains steam and it has any real effect on the result.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I read some things online that apparently a good number of Heisman candidates are not voting for Cam Newton to win (and in some cases completely leaving him off the ballot) because of the whole pay-to-play issue. It will be interesting to see if this movement gains steam and it has any real effect on the result.
I doubt it will. His impact has been too large.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like Cam Newton to win the Heisman. I just hope that the reports of his father, and not him, being involved in the pay-to-play scandal don't turn out to be on Cam later on. Reggie already disrespected the award enough.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Newton will win, just too great this year on the field. To me, the off-the-field issues need to be ruled out because, agree with it or not, the NCAA ruled him eligible and that needs to be that. But I wouldn't be surprised if some voters tried to make statements, because, well, there are always ones that do.

I agree BR, Luck will go #1 and I think regardless. CAR, CIN, BUF should get the number one pick and if they don't, I wouldn't be surprised if a team trades up for Luck that needs him. Don't see #1's get dealt often (Vick was the last one I believe), but guys like Luck don't come around often. He looks like one of the best prototypical NFL pivots to come out of college in the last few years.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree BR, Luck will go #1 and I think regardless. CAR, CIN, BUF should get the number one pick and if they don't, I wouldn't be surprised if a team trades up for Luck that needs him. Don't see #1's get dealt often (Vick was the last one I believe), but guys like Luck don't come around often. He looks like one of the best prototypical NFL pivots to come out of college in the last few years.
I would actually go as far to say that Luck may not be the #1 overall draft pick, maybe #1 amongst QBs, but in terms of the raw ability, I think that Marcel Dareus, an outstanding DT from Bama, will go first, especially if CAR picks first. CIN doesn't need a QB, so they will go the route of Da'Quan Bowers (another DT from Clemson). BUF would be the first place he would go.

But that can all change.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the Panthers get the number one selection, I still expect them to select Andrew Luck. Clausen is definitely a work in progress and I wouldn't be surprised if he did get traded if they land that first overall pick. Luck is ready for the NFL right now, Clausen is clearly a few years away.

If the Lions do end up getting the second pick they'll go with your boy Dareus. Then others that will follow him will be Peterson, Fairley, Green. Not specifically in that order.