• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hefty Bill From Fire Department

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Arizona home burned down, he received a bill of almost $20,000 to pay for the help his family received from the private fire department.
I find this kind of sad and outrageous. It's sad because of the fact that the man and his family lost their home. The outrageous part--their home insurance did not cover costs from the fire department, due to the way the community's system is set up. If I ever move out, I'm going to try to find a community that covers almost every cost, if I can find one.

Fire department sends huge bill after home burns- MSN Money

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That sounds like a rip off considering these people didn't call them and they didn't save the house and you can't opt out of them fighting your fire. I would rather they just let my house burn.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That sounds like a rip off considering these people didn't call them and they didn't save the house and you can't opt out of them fighting your fire. I would rather they just let my house burn.
That sounds like a harsh thing to say, but I am inclined to agree on this one. I'd rather let my house burn down, than burn down anyway and leave me with an insanely high bill to pay off for the rest of my life.

Shouldn't there be something in place that doesn't allow this? I am not saying encourage people to not have home insurance and get free assistance, but it does seem kind of cruel to "save" someones house and leave them with the bill to pay? That's harsh. And we all know how insurance goes. They will find any reason to not pay out for things like this. Loopholes and red-tape, the works.

Poor guy. This isn't really fair!