Heavy Rock/Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by BigBob, Nov 26, 2008.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I was just wondering who all here likes the heavy rock/metal of bands such as Slipknot, Disturbed etc. Whether it be for the quick Guitar Riffs, the insane Drum solos or just the voice of the lead singer.

I love this kind of music and it's always been one of my favorites. Seeing Slipknot and Disturbed in concert was possibly one of the highlights of my life.

Who are your guys favorite Heavy Rock/Metal bands?

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Slipknot, All that Remains, Diecast, Hatebreed, Trivium, mudvayne, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold... just to name a few off the top of my head.

Thats about my short list of favorite metal/heavy rock bands that I enjoy listening to on a regular basis

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Those are some very good bands.

I would love to see Mudvayne, Killswitch Engage and Avenged Sevenfold in concert. I love listening to some of Killswitch's live songs.

4. icegoat63

A7X is pretty much the band that got me started into heavier stuff. Before them I was more into just the mainstream rock like Three Days Grace (which is still one of my all time favorites), Papa Roach, 3 Doors down, pretty much whatever was on the radio.

Then I was given a burned copy of the album "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet" by a friend and it pretty much just changed my taste for music, I got picky and basically refuse to listen to the radio anymore. So from there I scooted on to Slipknot, Hellyeah, and Mudvayne. After those got sorta old I discovered All that Remains and have to say they've become one of my absolute favorite melodic heavy metal bands out there. From them iTunes led me to KSE and Diecast.

I always have a blast just going from band to band using the "other people bought these bands" option on iTunes... its led me to some awesome albums over time.

5. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

My favourite Metal bands are
    -Atreyu(Duh)
    -A7X- amazing live
    Enter shikari-Techno Metal/screamo
    The Used- Fucking Emos..
    Five Finger Death Punch.- Intense band.
    KSE- Good Stuff:)

those are to of my list. but I listen to a lot more:)

6. icegoat63

hahaha I always forget Five Finger Death Punch.

I have that Enter Shikiri album... its definitely not for everyone, I'm not a huge fan but there are a few songs I can dig on it.

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

I love Enter Shikari. Its so different from the usual Metal

And I actually like the British accent:lol:

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Andrew W.K., Rob Zombie and Ozzy to name a few. Well, a few of my favorites. :lol:

Andrew W.K. by far is my favorite because I find him very motivating, I love his voice and all the instruments played in his songs are wonderful.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Slipknot and Disturbed are probably my top 2 favorite. I also love Avenged Sevenfold, Type O Negative, Tool, and I'm sure quite a few more that I'm forgetting.

10. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Lets see where to begin:

Rob Zombie
    Killswitch Engage
    Slipknot
    Pantera
    Rebel Meets Rebel
    DOWN
    Hellyeah
    Arch Enemy
    Dimmu Borgir