• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Heavy Rain The Movie

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
What do you do with a video game that redefines the genre by blurring the line between game and film? You remove the interactive part and just turn it into a standard film...

David Milch Scripting Heavy Rain | Movie News | Empire

I remember reading ages ago that this was planned but I didnt think it would actually go ahead. I haven't seen Deadwood so I can't comment on their choice of director but I really don't see how anyone thought this was necessary.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have faith in this game-to-film adaptation. Heavy Rain was a great game and can obviously be made into a great film. I'm curious to see who stars in which roles.

Maybe we should suggest who we think should play each character.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm not into the idea of an actual film adaption, but I love the game! I think it's wonderful. It's also great to see something different actually hit the gaming shelves. I'm so sick of the same old thing in games. There are far too many war-based FPS games, they just get so boring.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I honestly thought this video game was one hell of a breakthrough for the PS3 and games in general. Although, making it into a movie version...that would be a bit tricky if not complicated. First, everyone (here on GF or otherwise) from the last thread had different outcomes when they played the game. I don't know how any of that would actually play into an actual movie.

I'm not gonna lie, this would be one hell of a movie, I just don't want this to be screwed up like other video game movies that have been done (i.e: Laura Croft, Resident Evil, Blood Rein (sp?) ).

~Shwa

Konshentz

Konshentz
As much as I'd enjoy this being made into a film, I'd rather Cage just start on his next game... something similar in gameplay, just with a completely new story.

Shwa

V.I.P.
As much as I'd enjoy this being made into a film, I'd rather Cage just start on his next game... something similar in gameplay, just with a completely new story.
Or even better, make a sequal where the reporter woman is one of the main characters again and is searching for a new criminal (like the ending where she's signing books).

~Shwa

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I have faith in this game-to-film adaptation. Heavy Rain was a great game and can obviously be made into a great film. I'm curious to see who stars in which roles.

Maybe we should suggest who we think should play each character.
If Mark Wahlburg gets cast as Ethan I'm gonna kick off big time :lol:

Surely this is a one off for film makers, they coul actually use the voice actors since all the in game characters were modelled off them.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am excited for the prospects for this film. Having Milch head it is a big win for fans of the game. Milch is fantastic in everything he does (look at Deadwood) and is a worthy choice to lead the charge with this movie.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It'd be cool to see the game of the year eventually turned into the movie of the year. Doubtful, but I can pretend it's possible. Haha.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It'd be cool to see the game of the year eventually turned into the movie of the year. Doubtful, but I can pretend it's possible. Haha.
It has the possibility. The story is there. It depends on how Milch wants to do it. Follow one of the game storylines, or make his own story in the universe.