Heatley asks for a trade.

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Don't have time to give a source right now, but I heard it on several radio/television shows today.

So Heatley doesn't like the role his new coach has given him so he's demanding a trade.

Should be interesting to see if Murray is going to trade him.

2. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

I hope he gets traded to the Vancouver Canucks. They could use a goal scorer.

3. Babe_Ruth

I think a lot of teams will be trying to get Heatley, I know he's definitely not going to get traded in the same division as the Sens. It should be interesting to see if Murray is going to try to trade him to the Islanders for the number one pick, so they can select Tavaras.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Like I post everytime a good player has the chance of leaving his current team..... send him to the Sharks. Ha.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

heh, I dunno what to think about Heatley. I mean he's definitely a talented skater... but I dunno. I think a big part of him died with Snyder, I just dont feel he's been as electrifying as he was the season before his accident.

Maybe another move can invigorate him or something. To be honest I cant think of to many teams out there right now that wouldn't not want him :hah:

6. Babe_Ruth

Heatley has played really well since joining the Senators, during his last four years he scored 190 goals, which is third most I believe in that span. So he's played well after the death of Snyder, well just when he got traded to the Sens. Sorry Ice ;)

7. icegoat63

heh... Maybe its just 'cause I've been ignoring the Sens then. I swear I havent heard much news at all originating from him. Well then I'm glad I'm wrong about him, hopefully he thrives even better then where ever it is he lands!

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

He's been on arguably the best line in hockey the past couple season with himself, Daniel Alfredsson and Jason Spezza. In fact, he's been a ton better with Ottawa then he ever was with Atlanta.

Averages in 4 season with Ottawa:

45 goals
    46 assists
    91 points

Averages in 3 seasons with Atlanta:

27 goals
    34 assists
    60 points

He had two seasons in a row with 50 goals in Ottawa...41 was his high in Atlanta. You can look up Alfredsson and Spezza's numbers for yourself...theyve been as good as anybody else in the sport. So with that said there are rumors that the Blues are interested...it would take a ton of youngster to get him but I hope we make a push at him.

9. Babe_Ruth

No need to pay attention to the Sens, their very boring team to watch. I would like to have Heatley on the Canadiens, but the only thing I don’t like about him is that he’s one dimensional. He waits for the puck, he doesn’t create for his other teammates.

10. icegoat63

I can remember hearing a little about the "ASH" line... but other than that really I cant say that its been "Heatley this" and "Heatley that". But then again I am a lifetime away across the continent here in Cali :hah: