• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Heat vs Cavaliers: LeBron returns to Cleveland

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
LeBron James returns to Cleveland tonight. I'm pumped for this game. LeBron James didn't play all that much yesterday since the game against the Pistons was a blow out, so he should be fresh coming into this game. It's going to be loud in Cleveland tonight, I do hope that nothing drastic happens. They've beefed up security for this match, which is a good thing. I don't mind the booing, but the last thing we need is another Monica Seles incident.

I don't see the Cavaliers winning this game either, even if they'll be ready for this game.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
The Cavs lost by almost 30 points in what is probably one of the least surprising outcomes ever. For the first few minutes the Cavs kept up and the crowd was really into it, but then LeBron got into a rhythm and it was pretty much all over. I stopped watching around halfway through the second quarter, and I don't really regret that decision. It became pretty clear that once they fell behind, the Cavs just weren't playing well enough to win.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Cavs lost by almost 30 points in what is probably one of the least surprising outcomes ever. For the first few minutes the Cavs kept up and the crowd was really into it, but then LeBron got into a rhythm and it was pretty much all over. I stopped watching around halfway through the second quarter, and I don't really regret that decision. It became pretty clear that once they fell behind, the Cavs just weren't playing well enough to win.
They aren't good enough in general, either.

Sure, the Heat are only 12-8 but they are going to start catching fire soon here I think. LeBron put up 38 points, 24 in the third quarter alone. The Cavs, eh, just not that great of a team anymore. So we'll see if this win propels Miami; I tend to think it will.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched the first three quarters, LeBron was just on fire in the third, scoring a team high 24 points in that quarter alone. This might be a huge momentum boost for the Heat, especially The Big Three. They needed a game like this where the whole team had to come together and play as one. I believe the Heat will go on a strong winning streak after this blowout of the Cavaliers.

Entertaining game, but I'm pretty sure TNT lowered the microphones because supposedly it was super loud at the arena and not so much when you watched it on television.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I had the game on and was bored, really.

Yes, the Heat beat the Cavs, but that doesn't mean that they will "catch fire" (no pun intended) given the fact that they beat a no sub-par team like Cleveland.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Entertaining game, but I'm pretty sure TNT lowered the microphones because supposedly it was super loud at the arena and not so much when you watched it on television.
I would've liked to hear some of the things the crowd was shouting. :lol:

I figure James would play particularly well. it's motivation and it's kind of like playing in home court. It would've been incredible if Cleveland won. A nice story, yeah, but not gonna happen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally believe the Heat will start winning. I know the Heat only beaten "bad" teams thus far this season, and are only 1-7 against teams that are above .500. That said I think yesterday was a major momentum booster for this team and it was a huge step in the right direction.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The crowd was in a uproar. During the first half when James was at the free throw line, the crowd was chanting "asshole". I thought I was watching wresting for a moment. They were also chanting "Don't come back" and "Akron hate you."

I personally hoped that they let James play the 4th quarter so he could rack up more points, but like one of my buddies said, he probably would of gotten assassinated. I had to laugh but it could of been true. They reportedly had snipers on the roof for whenever he entered and left the building. I feel sorry for the fans, but what Lebron did was a business decision, and Cleveland needs to move on once again.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Cleveland may need to move on, but they most likely won't. He was the cities son.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree they need to move on, free agency is part of the business and they have to get over it. Don't me wrong, he could of gone a better route to announce that he was signing with the Miami Heat, but they need to move on. They can boo them has hard as they want since they pay for the tickets, but they need to stop blaming him.

I don't want to go off-topic, but this is a lot like the Vince Carter situation with the Raptors. Vince Carter demanded a trade because he didn't see the organization going anywhere, and he thought they made some bad decisions. So he went to Rob Babcock and said he wanted out. It happened five years ago, and most fans are not over it. Personally I was mad that he demanded a trade, but I understood why he did it. Cavaliers fan need to do the same thing.