Heat discusses deal for Pietrus

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If they do sign him, then he would be a great addition to the team, and he probably would be an instant starter. I believe Pietrus is a great player, it's just that he never got a chance to show what he can do because he played behind Jason Richardson, but now if he becomes a starter then he can show that he can be a star in this league. He's an explosiveness player.

zunami

Registered Member
SF is not nearly as pressing a need for them as PG. If they really want Pietrus though, a sign-and-trade that would also get them Jasikevicius would make sense. Getting Pietrus would probably mean they wouldn't resign Posey and he would to to the Raptors hopefully.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree they do need a point guard, but I rather have Pietrus over Posey any day, I believe Pietrus is a better overall player, and we haven't seen his true potential yet, because he's been playing behind Richardson all his career, but we do know what Posey can do, and he's a great player, but I rather have Pietrus.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
They got Dequan Cook(sp) in a draft day trade with Philly, he's a SG who can play PG as well, but he's not true PG from what i've seen. I do think he will be good.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
If the Heat do get Mikael Pietrus that would be a tremendous pick up for them. He's a tremendous athelete and very underrated player in the NBA. But like Zunami said that they need a Point Guard if they want to compete for the title next year. But getting a point guard nowadays in the NBA is easier said then done.

T

TheDon

Its a good decision if they can get him.As we all know they do need some younger guys in there to prepare for later on.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Mercury News -
Mickael Pietrus, lacking other realistic options, has all but decided to come back to the Warriors this season either for the one-year, $3.4-million qualifying offer or possibly for a two-year deal at about the same terms, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...6/pietrus_likely_to_remain_with_golden_state/
The have done nothing this off season except loose players. They need to make changes Shaq wont be their forever.

K

kobedaman24

I read a rumor on some other forums that the Heat have signed PG Smush Parker. I'm not sure if it's true or not.

I think it was a decent move because the Heat were looking for a point guard. Smush Parker might not be able to run the point, but as Shaq lures in the double team, he can kick it out to Smush for a 3.