Heat discusses deal for Pietrus

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Fresh, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If they do sign him, then he would be a great addition to the team, and he probably would be an instant starter. I believe Pietrus is a great player, it's just that he never got a chance to show what he can do because he played behind Jason Richardson, but now if he becomes a starter then he can show that he can be a star in this league. He's an explosiveness player.

3. zunami

zunami Registered Member

SF is not nearly as pressing a need for them as PG. If they really want Pietrus though, a sign-and-trade that would also get them Jasikevicius would make sense. Getting Pietrus would probably mean they wouldn't resign Posey and he would to to the Raptors hopefully.

4. Babe_Ruth

I agree they do need a point guard, but I rather have Pietrus over Posey any day, I believe Pietrus is a better overall player, and we haven't seen his true potential yet, because he's been playing behind Richardson all his career, but we do know what Posey can do, and he's a great player, but I rather have Pietrus.

5. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

They got Dequan Cook(sp) in a draft day trade with Philly, he's a SG who can play PG as well, but he's not true PG from what i've seen. I do think he will be good.

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

If the Heat do get Mikael Pietrus that would be a tremendous pick up for them. He's a tremendous athelete and very underrated player in the NBA. But like Zunami said that they need a Point Guard if they want to compete for the title next year. But getting a point guard nowadays in the NBA is easier said then done.

7. TheDon

TheDon Guest

Its a good decision if they can get him.As we all know they do need some younger guys in there to prepare for later on.

8. Babe_Ruth

9. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

The have done nothing this off season except loose players. They need to make changes Shaq wont be their forever.

10. kobedaman24

kobedaman24 Guest

I read a rumor on some other forums that the Heat have signed PG Smush Parker. I'm not sure if it's true or not.

I think it was a decent move because the Heat were looking for a point guard. Smush Parker might not be able to run the point, but as Shaq lures in the double team, he can kick it out to Smush for a 3.