Heat and serve meals

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Nightsurfer, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Greetings all

Do you buy the pre made "Heat and serve" meals. Not TV Dinners.

You know the heat and serve meals like Bertoli Meals in a bag or the Stouffer's bag meals or even Tyson Chicken stuffed with broccoli and cheese meals, or any Family pre made meals.

I pick them up to make dinners easier and faster to make and there is no way I am going to spend all day cooking unless it's a special meal. So I like having these around to add to the weekly line up of dinners.

So do you buy these pre made meals? What is you favorite kind and can you recommend some others that you have tried?

Nixola and Babe_Ruth like this.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sometimes I do because it's so much fast. I won't lie, my mom usually cooks for me because I still live at home. But if my parents go out of town and I need to make myself something and I don't want to eat out, I'll just go to the grocery store and grab that, it's quicker and it's still very good.

Nixola and Nightsurfer like this.
  3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have bought them (and frozen meals too). They're very convenient when I'm not in the mood to cook but would like to eat something filling. Usually I pick the ones which are hard (takes too much time) to prepare and cook it myself in the first place (ex: paella). If it's something I can easily concoct, then I just do it myself instead of the pre-packed meals.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

When my mom goes food shopping she will. Though it's rare she goes food shopping...

I loooove these premade meatballs my sister buys, they are soooo good.

5. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I rarely think my mom actually makes an original meal. These are so much faster, and just as good to me.

6. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I would much rather spend however long making a homemade meal than getting a pre-made one. I just don't like them. Makes me wonder what exactly I'm eating.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

meatballs.... we have these heat and serve meatballs that are simply to die for! My cousin brought 'em over for Christmas and I swear we've plowed through 5 bags so far! Other than those I like the buffalo wings that come in the bags, those are always really good. Claimjumpers makes a really good version but other than that I'll go with the Tyson ones.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't really like the pre-made meals. I just don't think they taste as good as a homemade meal. Sometimes cooking is worth the effort. I like to eat for more than just survival or to fulfill hunger.

9. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

A few boxes of frozen pies are hand when I get back late and too tired to cook.

10. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I always have a few waiting for the need of a quick meal, or just me having a lazy day and I don't want to prepare food, or go out to get some.