Healthy Cereal?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I was wondering if the Cereals I'm using are worthy and healthy.
Should I stick with this or you can recommend me something healthier?

I eat Kellog's Optivita - Rich with Betaglucan which helps reduce the cholesterole [according to what's written here].

Here it says that it contains: Integrals; Low content of saturated fat; Low content of Salt.

Integral cereals 54%
Oat flour 22%
Integral rice 18%
Integral wheat 13%
Aglomerat cereals 19%

Also, if you don't mind taking a look at this nutrition table to understand what's in there:

SO, my question is : What should I look for before buying a cereal?
Which cereals are rich in fibers [as I don't think this one is] ?

Last edited:

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
The cereal you listed seems to have 3 grams of fiber per serving? That's good, I think. Also, it seems to be low in sodium but the sugar content seems to be a little high.

Do you like oatmeal? One third cup of oatmeal has the same amount of fiber, no sugar and just 2 mg of sodium. You can sweeten it with fruit juice (or maybe stevia) and some berries. Would be pretty healthy overall, I think. :)

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'm not sure about fiber, but the new "Wheatie's Fuel" is reall good; I have a box at home right now. It's supposed to be healthy and also have a daily serving of B vitamins.

I advise checking it out, tasty stuff! :)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
The sugar on that is terrible. I don't know if that matters to you, though.

I would personally look for cereal that has less sugar.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
The sugar on that is terrible. I don't know if that matters to you, though.

I would personally look for cereal that has less sugar.
This is exactly the first thing I thought. When I saw the sugar, I was like :-o

The fiber isn't terrible, but it definitely could be higher. I don't particularly know what cereals you have there, so just going to the store and comparing them is the best I can offer you. Bran cereals do tend to be the highest.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
My husband eats this every morning Elly and it has less than 10 grams of sugar; not too sure if you have it where you live???
...Anyway, I've had it a few times and like it though I eat something else in the morning...(granola with seeds and nuts, low-fat strawberry yogurt and blueberries).

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
My husband eats this every morning Elly and it has less than 10 grams of sugar; not too sure if you have it where you live???
...Anyway, I've had it a few times and like it though I eat something else in the morning...(granola with seeds and nuts, low-fat strawberry yogurt and blueberries).

That sounds PERFECT. But I don't have it in my country :shifteyes:

@Anita - Yes, It has too much sugars but I haven't found any cereal with less sugar [at least in the area I live]. :-/ [the same goes with what Warrior recommended.

I'll try to look for Bran.
------
Ok, I went to the supermarket and chose 2 types that seemed right for me.

1-

Without added sugars, rich in integrals, with soy, without salt, with fibers, 6 types of cereals.

Proteins 8.4g
Carbohydrates 80g
Sugar 4.3g
Fat 1,4g
Sodium 0,7g

----------

2-

nutrition tables

but I think the first is better. :shifteyes:

Last edited: