Healthcare bill just passed...

FindMuck

Registered Member
...in the house.

What does this mean for the future of America? What is your opinion on the bill, how could it have been more effective, was it worth it?

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
As a student of history, a young man in early 21st-century America, and a sentient being, my heart swells and my skin vibrates with the full recognition that I have just watched one of the most momentous pieces of social legislation in 40 years work its way through the worst hells of our political system to make an indelible mark on the pages of our history…

And yet what makes me that happiest is this:

Rush Limbaugh promised that he would leave America if it passed.

RL, I’ve got your plane ticket in hand. Come and get it, b*tch.
:hi:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Steg,

Hannity also promised to be waterboarded but that didn't happen either. Don't expect Rush to keep his word.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
Cons, as always you are the cold shower of logic and reason--for that, I love you. *Hugs* :sigh: I know he won't leave--I suppose I was just a little excited.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Cons, as always you are the cold shower of logic and reason--for that, I love you. *Hugs* :sigh: I know he won't leave--I suppose I was just a little excited.
As always? Do I know you?

It is exciting but it's just posturing. In all honesty since Obama's administration has been in such a given mood during his first year, I'm holding out for the 'broke college student' bailout plan.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
Sorry, the "as always" sounds creeperish because I have observed GF through the eyes of AwkwardlyYours (my fiancee). Now I feel really silly. The previous posts were half facetious, anyway.

*Face is red*

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sorry, the "as always" sounds creeperish because I have observed GF through the eyes of AwkwardlyYours (my fiancee). Now I feel really silly. The previous posts were half facetious, anyway.

*Face is red*
No problem, nice to meet you Mark.

I was more wondering if a banned member decided to create a duplicate account and slipped up or something.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think it will be a catastrophic mess. I doubt it will pass Constitutional muster as it's obviously unconstitutional but then again there are enough judicial activists on the Court so I guess we'll see.