• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Haynesworth, Redskins reach $100M deal

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Haynesworth, Redskins reach $100M deal

This deal is simply rediculous, I would of never expected him to make so much money. Then they re-signed DeAngelo Hall as well. for six years worth 54 Millon dollars.

Good signings none the less, both will help the Redskins defence.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
DeAngelo Hall is overrated...

Haynesworth now is as well becuase of the contract he was just given. He's a hell of a DT but he isnt worth this much. THe only other players to have ever gotten 100 mil were QB's...QB's can be worth that much because they control so much of the game....DT's dont control the play enough to be worth this much money.

Good for him personally though

BigBob

Registered Member
I disagree with DT's not controlling the game as much. You tell me how well a QB is going to play if you got Haynesworth in your face all day.

I agree though that it's ridiculous how much both of these players are receiving. Hall has his days. Haynesworth just needs to avoid injury.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I disagree that Hall is overrated, I'll say he has a bad attitude which hurts his reputation, but I think he's one of the best shutdown corners in the league, and if he puts his head on straight this season he'll prove it to everyone.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Haha. DeAngelo Hall isn't worth 54 million dollars. Isn't he the guy that got lit up last year by rookie Eddie Royal? I think he was.

I agree with Kd, they overpaid for Haynesworth. He plays DT, 100 million dollars is too much money for a DT. This is QB and RB kind of money.

Looks to me like the Redskins are trying to buy their way to a superbowl.

Last edited:

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
While they overpaid for BOTH guys, I am happy here because now all the redskins money is tied up on the defensive side of the ball. I know skins fans are happy, but for some reason I don't think this team will prove to be dangerous down the stretch.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha. DeAngelo Hall isn't worth 54 million dollars. Isn't he the guy that got lit up last year by rookie Eddie Royal? I think he was.

I agree with Kd, they overpaid for Haynesworth. He plays DT, 100 million dollars is too much money for a DT. This is QB and RB kind of money.

Looks to me like the Redskins are trying to buy their way to a superbowl.
That's what Daniel Snyder is known for...just throwing money out there at guys and hoping for the best.

That rarely works this day in age.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
It would've been more beneficial for him to stay with the team that made it to the 1st seed in their division last season and has a better chance to do a repeat. At the same time the Redskins could use all the defensive help they can get after last season as well, 'cause I don't know how much Jason Taylor contributed to the team.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This was a big loss to the Titans.... but he isn't worth that kind of money. He is injured way too often and way too easy.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I didn't want to say it but since you opened up the discussion I'll go ahead. I never want to wish injury on a guy, but just like JT last year I can see this guy missing just enough games due to injury that they wind up missing the playoffs. I thought his injury history should have been a concer, but you never know. Still can't believe how much they paid a DT regardless.