• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Haynesworth done.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Good. Get rid of this parasite. I am a Redskins fan, and I am ECSTATIC that he will be gone (most likely) after this year. He will most likely be cut, being that no one will want him.

Reactions: Doc

BigBob

Registered Member
Hopefully we pick him up, just for the sole fact that I know Pat's talking retirement after this year so we're going to need someone to take his place and swapping Pat for Haynesworth wouldn't be too bad.. except for Haynesworth's work ethic and attitude.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Hopefully we pick him up, just for the sole fact that I know Pat's talking retirement after this year so we're going to need someone to take his place and swapping Pat for Haynesworth wouldn't be too bad.. except for Haynesworth's work ethic and attitude.
What team is this? Denver? Some other AFC team?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think he'll actually try in a 4-3 defense, though. He wants stats and he feels that the best way for him to make an impact is in the 4-3 but he's a big baby about the whole thing and it will cost him four game checks.

...not like he didn't get a 20 million check before the season started.

BigBob

Registered Member
What team is this? Denver? Some other AFC team?
The Vikings.

I think he'll actually try in a 4-3 defense, though. He wants stats and he feels that the best way for him to make an impact is in the 4-3 but he's a big baby about the whole thing and it will cost him four game checks.

...not like he didn't get a 20 million check before the season started.
He will try in a 4-3.. he was PISSED when the teams moved to a 3-4 and they told him he had to play nose. Nose, IMO, is the best defensive position to play for a big guy. (It's what I played in high school, but we ran a Bear front - 5 lineman).

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Vikes? I dont think that the organisation wants someone as destructive as Alby. But I don't know everything about that...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haynesworth is a good player, but he's used to the 4-3 and doesn't want to change what he knows best. I believe he should of given the effort to the 3-4 when Shanahan came to town, but I don't believe he liked him from the get go anyway. I think a lot of teams would be willing to give this guy a chance since he's already proven he can be a solid contributor as a defensive player in the NFL.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Haynesworth is a good player, but he's used to the 4-3 and doesn't want to change what he knows best. I believe he should of given the effort to the 3-4 when Shanahan came to town, but I don't believe he liked him from the get go anyway. I think a lot of teams would be willing to give this guy a chance since he's already proven he can be a solid contributor as a defensive player in the NFL.
He had the contract to keep himself in WAS for the long haul, so it made no sense why he basically said to the team "FU. I'm better than this."

BigBob

Registered Member
He had the contract to keep himself in WAS for the long haul, so it made no sense why he basically said to the team "FU. I'm better than this."
Because almost half of that contract, if not more was guaranteed.. so he wouldn't have had to play a snap and he would've walked away with $40+ million. So if he didn't like what they were doing, he didn't have to do it because he was already making his money.

Sure, the 'Skins can file grievance and get the money back, but he knew what he was doing when he was making huge deals and not doing work.