Hawks' Nick Boynton suspended for 'Throat Slash'

The NHL suspends Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Nick Boynton for 1 game for throat slashing gesture - ESPN Chicago

CHICAGO -- Blackhawks defenseman Nick Boynton has been suspended one game for making a throat-slashing gesture after fighting Tampa Bay's Blair Jones Wednesday night, the league announced Friday.
I know this isn't big news, but do you agree that players who use the throat slash gesture should be suspended? Has this been done before? Personally, I don't agree with it.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't agree with it, but it's how shit goes nowadays. It suggests killing someone, so they've gotta do something.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is the second time that he gets suspended for this offense. I think a suspension is a good thing. It's not something the NHL wants to relate too, and they want to show the fans that they wont stand behind those type of gestures.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Maybe I just don't know anything since I'm not a hockey fan, but are you fucking serious? You can be suspended for making hand gestures? What are they, eight year olds in gym class? It makes you wonder if any of the people running the league have ever played a professional sport in their lifetime. Shit gets heated, people say and do things they don't mean out of anger and frustration. Once he acts on it, then punish his ass.