• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hawaii prepares for first hurricane in 22 years.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
HONOLULU -- Iselle was supposed to weaken as it slowly trudged west across the Pacific. It didn't - and now Hawaii is poised to take its first direct hurricane hit in 22 years. Tracking close behind it was Hurricane Julio, which strengthened early Thursday into a Category 2 storm.

Hawaii girds for Iselle, first direct hurricane in 22 years - CBS News
I feel sorry for the Hawaiians. A hurricane is rare for them and now they are getting two. Just to get them off to a good start they had a small earthquake.

Needless to say food is flying off the shelves as people prepare for the worst.

Hawaii officials prepare for big hits from Mother Nature - CBS News

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I wouldnt wanna be in Hawaii right now. At least in the US people can evacuate but where can they go if the island is only a max of 75 miles wide? and 2 hurricanes? Big Island will definitely be a huge mess when thats all finished. Good luck Hawaii! Secure your boats and stay out of the water.
They will probaly be having Hurricane parties in the shelters.