• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Having trouble posting...

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Hi folks,

I am not exactly what the protocol for something like this is/was so I thought this would be a better place. I have just tried to report a post due to a suspected spam attack (I have seen a few over the last few days) and I was advised I couldn't, I then tried to post in the site news site and again had the same problem, is it me or is anyone else unable?

Cheers,
ginock

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
a suspected spam attack (I have seen a few over the last few days) and I was advised I couldn't, I then tried to post in the site news site and again had the same problem, is it me or is anyone else unable?
firstly, that's because I wasn't around :madame:

(just kidding)

what exactly does the error message you're getting say?
or does it just wipe your post out when you try to submit?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Hi Rebeccaaa,

I have just tried to do it again just to test it wasn't me being daft and I get the following message:

ginock, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You need to have at least 50 posts to access certain pages and features. Do you have at least 50 posts?

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Hope this helps :)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You were able to report posts in the past couple of days. Since when have you started getting that msg? Also can you link me in a PM which post it is that you're trying to report and which thread in Site News you're trying to reply to? (A quick guess is that if you're trying to create a thread in that forum then it's most likely impossible).

Elana

V.I.P. Lifetime
I've had the same problems since joining GF. Sometimes it posts fine, but most times I receive the same message.

Elana

V.I.P. Lifetime
Like now, I just got the message again.

Elana

V.I.P. Lifetime
The message I receive says:

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

I was told it took 15 posts for this to stop, I am now at around 30?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hello Elana,

For some reason your messages are still getting moderated, usually that stops after the first ten to fifteen messages. It should be alright now, but if you're still getting issues like this please private message me to let me know.

Cheers!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The message I receive says:

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

I was told it took 15 posts for this to stop, I am now at around 30?
Yours is different issue from ginock. Here's Hybrix's note about new members posts: http://www.generalforum.com/ideas-s...ad-posts-not-showing-up-right-away-47930.html

I don't know the exact number when it stops and to be honest I thought that you getting on VIP would override whatever minimum post count Hybrix has set (he has changed it often).