• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Have your tastes changed?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are there any foods that you can think of that you hated and now you like? I'm not talking when you were a kid and now as an adult you like. Is there anything recent you can give as an example?

I always like trying new things but I can also be a picky eater. I think if people tried things that look bad that they'd find they like them more times then not.

Anybody have any examples?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've got a few. I used to dislike Watermelon quite a lot, but now I'm obsessed with it! I can't get enough. I think it started one day when it was really hot and I was with a friend at someones house. We found a watermelon in their fridge and just hacked it up and ate it. Ever since then I've loved it.

Another one is tomato. I used to not like just eating tomatoes, I like them in sauces and stuff but not just a plain tomato. A few years ago though I went on a trip to France and Russia. In both places vegetarian food was very low (I am veggie) and the hotels at night often provided meat-meals. Us vegetarians were often left with nothing but some cut up tomatoes and maybe some zuchinni or a gherkin thrown in. And in the case of Russia it was either tomatoes or this gross fried dough stuff for breakfast. Because they were pretty much all I had to eat on some days I got hooked. Now I can eat whole tomatoes just like apples, love them!

Bliss

Sally Twit
Chinese food for me. I used to love the stuff and now I feel sick when I look at it or smell it.
I would never turn down chicken chow mein or egg fried rice in the past but I would now.

Puck

Registered Member
Lobster and spinach.

I used to hate the taste of lobster, a lot. But I gave it a try again this past summer and love it. Not that I'd go out of my way for it but if it's on the menu at a restaurant or something, I'd probably get it.

And spinach, I used to absolutely loathe but have come to really love spinach salads with cranberries and stuff.

There isn't a lot of food I don't like(I grew up eating all kinds of stuff as my parents are pretty diverse with their food) so I'm not overly picky.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh, actually I just thought of a MAJOR example of my tastes changing. I can't believe this isn't the first thing I thought of before.

I used to be a meat-eater. Not like meat 5 times a day or something but I ate it quite a bit, all sorts of meat. About 5 years ago I decided to go vegetarian. Within the first half of the first year I sometimes craved meat every now and then... but now, 5 years on and I am actually disgusted by all forms of meat.

I can't stand the smell, the look, and the thought of actually eating meat is enough to make me want to vomit. In fact, when I was overseas last year I think I did accidently eat a bit of chicken. I'm not sure if it even was chicken or not but the thought that it may have been made me want to throw up, I felt sick and disgusting.

So that's a major example of taste change for me. I used to love meat and seafood and I feel physically ill around it. Talk about changing your taste buds haha!

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Nope. Everything I hated 10 years ago, I still hate today.

I've grown more TOLERANT of some foods, but it all boils down to what it's thrown in and etc. Like soups and whatnot. Pretty much any veggie I don't eat regularly unless it's in a good soup.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
There were a good many vegetables that I never liked when I was younger that I enjoy now. Peas and green beans would be the biggest ones.

I eat fish a lot more now than I did before, too. I can't say that I don't like anything that I did before.

Dabs

Registered Member
Not really. I'm kind of a picky eater, and where I probably should give more foods 'a chance', I don't. If I didn't like a certain food 4 or 5 years ago, I'm not liking it today because I'm not one who is all that willing to try new things. Especially if the food dish has an ingredient I know I do not like.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm the opposite of Crouton. I was a vegetarian for about 10 years and the thought of eating meat turned my stomach, but within the last couple of years I've started eating turkey and chicken again. And bacon.

I still don't eat beef, though. beurk.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm the opposite of Crouton. I was a vegetarian for about 10 years and the thought of eating meat turned my stomach, but within the last couple of years I've started eating turkey and chicken again. And bacon.

I still don't eat beef, though. beurk.
May I ask why it is that you started to eat meat again?