• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Have you finally tried that food or restaurant?

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Is there a food or a restaurant that for a long time you thought about eating and for some reason you never did?. . You keep forgetting or something keeps distracting you to try this food or restaraunt.

Finally one day you remember and try this food and or restaurant. One or the other. .

Think of a food or a restaurant, one or the other, that once you used to think about and it took you a long time never tried it and finally you tried this food or restaurant. What food was it that you procrastinated to try and finally did? How did you like it after tasting it? How was it at this restaurant if not just a food?

Impaired

Registered Member
I refused to eat sushi (sashimi) for years. Raw fish? I couldn't see why. A friend of mine became a chef and decided to make sushi for us all one night. He's a great cook so I said he if he made it, I would try it.

I was surprised to find several things I liked, raw tuna and salmon, Alaskan rolls, etc.

Really can't stand the orange flying fish eggs. They hide in the cracks of your teeth. An hour later, you take a bite of something and one floats out and pops releasing fish taste in something that generally doesn't go with fish.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I was younger I was a meticulous eater, but when I moved out to my own place nine years ago, that all changed. I will try about just anything these days. My mentality is “if you don’t try it, you don’t know what possible great food you’re missing out on”.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
I go through this every time I go out to eat because I am the type of person who has a favorite meal at a restraunt and will rarely deviate from that meal, even if a dozen other dishes look or sound wonderful. It can be really frustrating!

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I refused to eat sushi (sashimi) for years. Raw fish? I couldn't see why. A friend of mine became a chef and decided to make sushi for us all one night. He's a great cook so I said he if he made it, I would try it.

I was surprised to find several things I liked, raw tuna and salmon, Alaskan rolls, etc.

Really can't stand the orange flying fish eggs. They hide in the cracks of your teeth. An hour later, you take a bite of something and one floats out and pops releasing fish taste in something that generally doesn't go with fish.
Well I don't eat any kind of seafood or fish.. It's been a really long time since I even had a tuna fish sandwich. It may seem I don't eat healthy but I do eat turkey and chicken.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I had a friend nicknamed Taurus. Yes it stands for bull and or zodiac sign. . . well anyway Taurus was asking me to try this place called Pinks which is a fast food place in the Hollywood area. . But every time we went places we didn't go to that area. . We always made other plans. . Finally a year later I said, “you want to go to the Hollywood area?”. . He said, “yeah sounds like a fun idea”. . So Taurus said, “hey you want to try pinks fast food?”. . “Oh yeah I forgot about that one place you told me.” So finally we went to pinks a year later. Celebrities like Schwarzenegger and tons of others have been to this small franchise in Calif. I like their hot dogs. It's very original tasting. Like their fries and like their chili. I also drank orange crush soda in a bottle . I recommend pinks if you live within driving distance, in the Hollywood or Knotts berry farm calf area. I think Pasadena county fair has this one also.

Sophia

Registered Member
I had never eaten Mexican food till I lived in Denver, Co. It was a slow start but I really enjoy it these days. I guess it would be more of a tex-mex rather than true Mexican. True Mexican is very bland I have been told.