• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Have you felt the 5.4% U.S. dollar inflation?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have you felt the 5.4% U.S. dollar inflation? What are you doing to combat it with your lifestyle and investments? 💸💸💸💸💸

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yes I have. Gas has gone up, my grocery bill has gone up. I’m just spending less, less going out, less discretionary income so going out less. This is Biden’s America. Everybody spending less money, so more unemployment.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
And now we have “supply chain shortages” which is ridiculous. Our policies have created this. All the government regulation, increased taxes, shutting down pipelines, have caused this. Naturally, there are buyers and sellers. When we interfere with supply and demand, this happens.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Have you felt the 5.4% U.S. dollar inflation? What are you doing to combat it with your lifestyle and investments? 💸💸💸💸💸

Hi Mirage I get a simple income and I think it's a little bit less then minimum wage. I think currently our mini. wage is
$10-$11 an hour. I'm not an investor and I'm not sure how it all works. My brother in law lost about $25000 in the stock market.
In that case I wouldn't give it a try. I would like to tell you about the high food prices.

Because of the price increases e=need to watch every move. Milk went up $1-1.50 more. Everything has gone up
about $.50-$1 on every item you can name. In the end it all adds up. The only thing that's sparing me on this is that I'm eating better now
and not as much as I used to. Last is I'm glad I don't drive because of all it takes to care for a car.

Spence_aka_MiT

Registered Member
Eggs are $4 where they used to be less than $1. I’ve been growing food and have 3 chickens and hope to kill a few deer this year. It’s tough and is going to get worse.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Thankfully inflation hasnt hit grocery staples in winnipeg. i can get bread, milk and some meats for about the same price still but cheese, eggs, ground beef, some vegetables, dairy products like sour cream and cottage cheese etc(the ones that require a factory to process). Any product that requires transportation between multiple processing places, have gone up. thats the gas prices causing it. although our gas was 1.60L last weekend. Cant wait till the governments finally decide to go after the big oil execs and force them to lower their prices.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
It’s about 8.3% now. It’s going to continue to get worse, given the demented pant shitter in office.

dDave

V.I.P.
Oh how we wish 5.4% was the real number.

This administration has been characterized by outright disregard for the average American and utter incompetence on the economic front.