Have you ever...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iris, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Have you ever played an online game and talked to a person, only to find out they live down the street, or in the same city as you?

Or maybe on a forum, or in a chatroom.

I play guild wars and one of the members of my guild lives in j-ville, about 20 minutes from me. He probably lives down the street from my work.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

thats crazy. I cant say I've ever met anyone from the same place I'm from but I do know that I used to get excited when I'd meet people online that are from California. There was one instance I met a guy on call of duty 4, in fact I was in his clan, but he ended up being a mobile specialty mechanic so he'd travel all over California. He lived in San Jose but said on numerous occasions he'd pass through my town to pick up supplies from a warehouse around here.

It was one of those things where we said we should get a beer sometime! but that never happened.....

3. Snarly_Yow

Snarly_Yow Registered Member

Yeah, before Gaia went to shit I talked to a couple of regs from the Music forums and come to find out one lived 15 minutes from me, so we hooked up for a jam session. The worst is when you do meet up and they're completely different. That's never happened to me, but I know someone that did happen to.

4. Lemonv1

Lemonv1 Registered Member

Never happened to me.
    But then I've never really strongly befriended someone on a game or from a forum..

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Angels lives less than an hour from me.

:sigh:

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

There are some members on my PA gun forum that live in the same town. But that is to be expected since there are a shitload of members from all around the state. Chances of there being a few members in the same town as me are pretty high.

7. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I remember shooting some online pool and I played someone who lived in the next small town as me, about 10 minutes away.

8. DrewKP

DrewKP Registered Member

found two people that lived within driving distance of me in an IRC channel I frequented at one point in time.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I have become 'close' with people online at one point in time from: ireland, sweden, scotland, egypt, and germany... all from the same forum lol. So I think its safe to say none of them live close at all. The closest person to me that I know really well is from north of england about 3 or so hours away.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Same deal with me when I was on my Towns Hockey Teams Forums. We actually did do some meetups, saw eachother at games and sometimes outside of our hockey world.

.... for me it ended in a not so great way lol.... kept me away from forums for a couple years thats for damn sure!