Have you ever shot a gun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know Pro has and so as Ice, but I was wondering if you ever gotten a chance to shoot a real gun?

The reason I ask is because I had a chance to yesterday at a shooting range for my work, but because I wasn't insured I couldn't go.

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I have. Shooting is simple as shit. Once its down its instinct. I shot an M16, which is an easy gun to shoot, at a basic indoor target range. I've pestered my parents to take me more but, liberals, what'd ya expect. What work brings you down to a shooting range?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Theres really nothing quite like Target Shooting. Doesnt mean you have to use the gun to go hunting and kill Bambi or anything. But just good ol' target shooting is a blast.

I'd imagine anyone who has ever been interested in FPS's should at least give a few go's on the Range with a run of the mill 30 caliber rifle.

Another extremely fun thing to do is Skeet shooting, or they might call it "clay pigeon" shoots. Basically these things about the size of a Adult Males hand are put on a giant slingshot and launched into the air (if you played Clay Pigeons on teh NES / Duckhunt then you get the concept). Then simply put you use Scatterguns to blow 'em out of the air. I'd recommend 20gauge for anyone just starting off. 12 Gauge for those who start to get good, and 2 gauge if you just wanna act like a tough guy. :hah:

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I've fired an M-16 A2 several times, plus a .50 cal, and a grenade launcher. I also watched one of my Army buddies fire an AT-4 (an anti-tank gun, pictured below). Despite all that, I've never actually fired any type of pistol before (other than an Airsoft one, but that doesn't count :lol:)

[​IMG]

5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not a gun buff or anything close to it but I think it would be kind of cool to go and try one time.

So no, I haven't but I'd like to give it a try once or twice. Who knows, maybe I'd get hooked. *Shrugs*

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yep I have on a couple of occasions. I have a few friends who are big on hunting and i've been with them once or twice on hunting trips. It's actually quite fun and exhilarating to shoot a gun.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I dont own a gun but I shoot quite often with friends and Im insured and acreditted to do so. In season its mostly driven and rough game, off season clays. I try and shoot a few times a year, and been about four times this year. Only once for live game and the rest for clays. I was shooting clays with muzzle loaders in the summer which is a hell of a lot of fun if you ever get the chance, its pretty hard to miss.

When I was younger I used to shoot rifles too, both for lamping and also target shooting. I had a .22 but have fired 303s and 5.56mm on a couple of occasions. I have not done it for at least 10 years though.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Quite a few times. Shotguns, pistols, rifles, with several round/caliber variations. I've only gone target shooting but I'd like to go hunting some day.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I've never had the chance to fire a gun and if I did I wouldn't do it. I think it should be left to the professionals and only used when necessary.

10. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I have done skeet shooting which is fun, I have also been on a pheasant shoot.
    I used rifles on a friends farm both for target shooting using a .22 air rifle, I cant remember what calibar the other rifle was but it was used for hunting rabbits.

I have not had a chance to fire a weapon for a few years now but I remember it being fun to do.