Have You Ever Ran a Marathon or Half Marathon?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, May 31, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Have you ever ran a marathon or half marathon?

I was thinking of running a half marathon last year but I never got around to doing the proper training for one. I am doing it now though and am thinking about doing one in the future.

My target time will be under 1 hour and 45 minutes.

How about you? Have you ever ran a marathon or half marathon? If so, what was your time?

2. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

I've done small marathon-esque runs like 10-13km, that was hard enough at the fitness level I'm at now. I would love to do the proper training for a proper marathon just to see if I could really get to high level of fitness.

3. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

4. Mirage

So I know a guy who is trying to talk me into running a full marathon instead of a half. Just bumping this thread to see if anybody else has run either a half or a full. Any tips besides run a ton over the months before? :lol:

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I've never ran a marathon, but I've biked a marathon. Not quite the same, but it's still a distance to travel.

How are you planning to train for the marathon? Are you just going to spend more time on the treadmill?

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I think the most I've ever run is ~ 4 miles. I couldn't run a half marathon if my life depended on it.

7. Mirage

Well, to a degree. Anything more than a few miles on a treadmill is pretty brutal and boring. I would just be training on trails and stuff.