• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Have you ever made your parents cry?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I honestly don't remember if I did.

I think maybe I've disappointed my mom a couple of times but if she cried about it, it wasn't in front of me. Oh now I remember something but it wasn't really because I did something "bad". She cried when I found out I was going to get married. She felt like it's good news but that she would miss me. That made me cry, to see her cry.

So how about you? Was it for good or bad reasons and what did you feel about it?

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
When I was 16 I was arrested and cited for a minor in possession of alcoholic beverage and my mom cried (my dad was pissed but didn't cry) and when I graduated from law school my mom cried (my dad was happy but didn't cry). That's about all I can remember.

Sim

Registered Member
Same for me ... probably I made my parents cry because of me some time or another, but they never cried in front of me because of something I had done. So I don't know for sure.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Not really. Never seen my dad cry, but my brother has made my mum cry countless times, she's quick to tears though and it was always resolved.

Actually, I did make her cry once, but I don't know if they were happy or sad tears :lol: Which sounds a bit confusing so I'll explain... We were sitting at the table in a restaurant together and I was bored so scribbling on a piece of paper, and I ended up writing out a list of things she can do to improve herself (that seems awful :lol: it was just a joke) like: stop interrupting people, learn to listen to explainations before making assumptions, stop crying at stupid tv shows, etc etc.. some quite nasty things.. and then at the end of the 'to-do' list I put "never change." She read it through and cried. I remember it well because she still has that list in her drawer even though this was years ago, she showed me it the other day and we laughed about it.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
From what my brother told me my dad cried during my high school graduation, which is a shocker because it's impossible to make him cry about anything. I made my mother cry when I got suspended from school for starting a fight in high school.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not really. Never seen my dad cry, but my brother has made my mum cry countless times, she's quick to tears though and it was always resolved.

Actually, I did make her cry once, but I don't know if they were happy or sad tears :lol: Which sounds a bit confusing so I'll explain... We were sitting at the table in a restaurant together and I was bored so scribbling on a piece of paper, and I ended up writing out a list of things she can do to improve herself (that seems awful :lol: it was just a joke) like: stop interrupting people, learn to listen to explainations before making assumptions, stop crying at stupid tv shows, etc etc.. some quite nasty things.. and then at the end of the 'to-do' list I put "never change." She read it through and cried. I remember it well because she still has that list in her drawer even though this was years ago, she showed me it the other day and we laughed about it.
aw... I was starting to think it was horrible until the end of the to do list

When was this? I'm glad she kept it. And she can show you anytime and say "hey, you said I shouldn't change" haha.

---------

I wonder if fathers don't cry as much because of the "man" thing. If it moves me when my mom cries (not the drama tears but real ones, lol), I think I would feel more touched if my father did.

Blueyes

Registered Member
The last time that I know she did cry when I was in the room was during christmas some years back when i punch the crap out of my brother and promptly left the house. There's probably other times to considering I don't do anything right according to her.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've never made them cry but I've seen them both cry - especially my mum. She cries at a sad story line on a TV programme, she cries when she hasn't seen me for ages and she gives me a hug, she cries when she's on the phone to my sister.. The list goes on and on. She is really sensitive.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I've never made them cry myself, not that I know of.

My brother made my my mum cry by getting into a fight in the early morning with someone who had broken my bedroom window then they got into a huge fight about it.

Last edited:

Hiei

The Hierophant
I've made my mom cry a few times. When she found out that I smoke pot she was so disappointed at me that she was yelling at me so hard she had jugular distention. Tears were rolling down her face but I don't know if it's because of the pain she was having due to the immense screaming or because of me. Either way, she was crying.

Also, on my birthday, she had a lady she works with make me a carrot cake. The cake never had a chance of making it home. I took it to my friends house and we all pigged out on it. Delicious fucking cake that none of my other family members even like. My sister told me the next day that I made my mom cry because I didn't let her put candles in it and go through the whole thing. What I find odd about that situation is that I've never had a real birthday celebration with the blowing out of candles or singing happy birthday. I don't know why this year was supposed to be different. Maybe because my moms going through menopause and her hormones are all out of whack.

The only time I even remember my dad crying out of anything besides extreme physical pain is one night when I was three or four, I'm almost certain that my mom was out hooking for rent money or something. My dad was crying because "mom was out getting money for the family."