Have you ever had any money stolen from you?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by RJ-Cool, Jul 9, 2010.

1. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

It’s normal to feel frustrated, angry or even foolish when you lose money in general or even on your investments. It is an entirely different story when you have money stolen from you, probably by bank fraud, credit card scams or even having 'raw' cash taken.

Have you ever had any money stolen from you?
    If yes, how did you feel? What did you do?

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I had a checkbook stolen from my car once, I left it in the visor which I never do anymore. I stopped payment on the checks I had not written that very day. He ended up writing checks that totaled over $1200 until he wrote one at Wal-Mart. When someone there asked him for ID he ran. Store security followed him out the door and wrote his license plate down and he was later apprehended. It only cost me about $20 to stop payment on the checks.

RJ-Cool likes this.
  3. sky1

sky1 Registered Member

i had my all my cards and money taken from my house when my son had a party . That was the last party he had in the house

4. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I had my purse stolen once.
    Had to cancel credit cards, get new driver's license, what a fucking hassle.
    Even had my prescription Xanax in there.
    Then, when my Dad was alive, he owned his own company and it was only him and I on the contract, he was President, I was Secretary and we both were proprietors.
    After Dad passed away, my younger brother stole the box of checks from Dad's house and he wrote over $8,000 in checks before I discovered.
    I let the mail pile up and didn't think to take notice till one day I sat down and discovered the bank statements were showing checks being wrote and it was my Dad's name being signed, 7 months after he had died!
    The balance was over $11,000 when Dad passed, and it had been dwindled down to a little over $3,000.....so I had to call the bank and freeze the account.
    So basically...my brother stole from me and my deceased Dad....but the account became mine after my Dad died.

5. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Once by someone I cared a lot about.

Luckily it all got sorted out but it was a nasty experience.

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Just last week in fact. My wallet got taken out of my purse at Chuck E. Cheese. It was stupid of me to leave it unattended. I had around $30 cash in there, which they took, then dumped the wallet in the trash. I didn't know this so I went home and cancelled my credit cards and check card, for which I still haven't received the replacement. pain in the ass.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes, I've had my money stolen last year when I was at a night club with a friend.
    When I got up to dance I left my wallet on the table and when I got back at my place all the money had gone, but the wallet was still there.
    [I was stolen 20$ cash.]

8. MindoverMaster

MindoverMaster Registered Member

I had my PayPal account hacked into. Thus, my credit card was maxed out. The ass spent like $1,000. I called up my bank, told them about it, notified Paypal, within a few days, got it all back. And then my mom blames me... :|

I had a bunch of scams on my credit card, too. I don't go to those unsecure sites.

9. Lemonv1

Lemonv1 Registered Member

I don't think so.

The closest would be having one dodgy dealer on Ebay.