Have you ever gained control of a lucid dream?

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Ever have a dream you were so sure was real? No matter how crazy it gets things still feel authentic in your mind. It used to be that something completely negative and nightmarish would have to happen for me to realize it was only a dream and that I could gain control of such a detailed dream, but there is a real easy way to find out if you are dreaming or not. I stole this trick from the movie "Waking Life". Awesome flick by the way, but the idea is that electronics don't work so well in dreams. They also make references to Tv's and clocks being out of control but those most times work in my dreams. In fact, the dream I had last night featured HI-DEF so I was thrown off for a little while. However, anytime I try to hit the light switch, they never work. IF the lights are on they stay on, off and they stay off. Last night was the 3rd time I tried this and it has let me gain control of my dream every time. If you know of any tricks please let me know. The TV did tip me off to the fact that it was a dream. There were all these end of the world type of events going on outside, clouds turning into winged minitars, huge floods, the Moon appeared to be getting dangerously close to the earth, but none of it was being reported on TV. That's when, in the dream, I went over to light switch and the lights wouldn't turn off. The next thing you know the water began to rescind and the room was filled with beautiful women. Has anyone ever done this before, or have any more tricks like this? I'd like to control more of my dreams if possible. It's fun :D

Once i "woke" up in a destroyed building infront of the window and i then was blinded by the sunlight got up and walked into the other room saw there was nothing and said "Aww fuck this I'm getting up!", I then woke up in my bed, not tired( as i usually am in the mornings) and then got up to do daily stuff

Last edited:

BigBlue

----------------------
I'm not sure exactly what your talking about but I hardly ever get nightmares, one time though I gained like a sub conscience in my dream and started to control it, I used it to its fullest (dreamed about some hot chick haha)
no joke. that was once though

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Once i "woke" up in a destroyed building infront of the window and i then was blinded by the sunlight got up and walked into the other room saw there was nothing and said "Aww fuck this I'm getting up!", I then woke up in my bed, not tired( as i usually am in the mornings) and then got up to do daily stuff
I know that feeling. For me whenever the dream goes completely horror flick I'm out. If it gets to a point where things are obviously out of control, gory, or painfully frustrating I catch on. I'll try to establish control and if I can't I just wake up. I too woke up today with an unusual amount of energy though.
------
I'm not sure exactly what your talking about but I hardly ever get nightmares, one time though I gained like a sub conscience in my dream and started to control it, I used it to its fullest (dreamed about some hot chick haha)
no joke. that was once though
Your dead on Tan. Its like your consciousness gains control of the dream. I do it fairly often when I dream, but the thing with the light switch makes it automatic. It's like opening the door to your mind from inside your mind or some such psychedelic concept. The first thing that comes to my mind is usually a hot girl too... or many :cool: But it does have uses other than making my R-rated dream XXX. Good times.

Last edited:

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Yea, what do you mean?
hmmm, I guess the tricky part is getting to a point in the dream where you actually wonder if it is real or a dream. You have to ask yourself during the dream, "Is this for real?". If you can get to that point, and you are inside or in doors in your dream, try to turn on the lights. Or if they are already on try to turn them off. If the switch doesn't work at all, you are probably dreaming. Once you are aware you are dreaming while still in the dream you can control it and just let your imagination run wild. Want to fly or be a super hero, go for it. Time is yours. The only thing you can't control is when you wake up. Well, you can wake yourself up. But I mean you might wake up in the middle of having a great time in your dream, there isn't any stopping that... that I know of. Cool trick if you can get it to work for you. I'd like to know if anyone has heard or used any other tricks like this.

If you are still confused you should watch the movie "Waking Life"... it explains it a lot better than me and its a good movie anyway.

I just assumed controlling a dream was something people did all the time.

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oddly enough this happened last night with a zombie dream I had.

It was pretty cool. Unfortunately I planned on remembering it and have already forgotten most of it. :(

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Oddly enough this happened last night with a zombie dream I had.

It was pretty cool. Unfortunately I planned on remembering it and have already forgotten most of it. :(
Why is it the fun ones are the hardest to remember? That's why I started typing it out here and talking about it. I didn't want to forget this dream last night was awesome! It seems like the uncontrolled dreams, or the ones that feel like dreams and not authentic at all are easy to remember. Maybe all that sleep thinking shorts the memory. I dunno.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I think it has happened to me on occassion, and this was after I dreamed the dream more than once. I guess knowing what was going to happen I felt I was in control cos I changed the outcome of it.

SiroV

Registered Member
Yeah I've had a lucid dreams. In the dreams I think to myself "Hey this is a dream, I can do whatever the hell I want....*wakes up* awww fawk!!" lol. I've had lots of these though, but I act like I do in my waking life, I cannot act like a retard or do something mean/stupid...I dont know I think my conscious mind is too much in it.

But has anyone had the SAME dream more than twice? It's really messed init I thought "Ive had this one before, I know whats goin down" :p

Last edited: