have you ever considered a career in hockey as anything?

S

Slippery Jim

well, I might try to be a player when I'm 20 or so and whether or not I do that, I want to be a commentator when I'm 40ish for the Canadian Broadcasting Center (CBC).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love to be a commentator. But if you don't make in the NHL or play in Europe then you should go to school for Televison and Brodcasting, and if you graduate then you apply for positions in TSN or Sportsnet, CBC, it will be very hard to get in but if your motivated then it will make it a little bit easier.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
I'd love to work with Don Cherry. That's a dream of mine but really I don't see anything from me really. Maybe one day call some games here in Newfoundland for the senior league but other than that really I don't got anything. Europe would be easier to get a job for a commentator or an analyst but then you'd need to know a new language.

S

Slippery Jim

it would be fun to be an official, except I'd get blamed for all my mistakes and there would be talk about them and I'd be under alot of pressure. But, besides that it would be fun.;)

G

Gryff1nd0r

Well there isn't an opportunity for women to make a career as a player (although the game can still open up a lot of doors for you, maybe moreso than the guys), but I've thought about making it as a coach.

In the end, I don't think it pays well enough (even if you make it to the top as a female coach), but I still do a lot of coaching at camps during the summers, and I'll continue to at least until I finish college.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Not IceHockey tho.

I am talented out-door and in-door hockey player. I am fast and have a good shooting accuracy.

But I doubt it that I will make it big time.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Im like the same with Alex. Already im considered to be one of the best ball hockey players in my town and im younger compared to the rest of the guys. Picked hockey up as a passtime when I had no friends and I continued to grow and grow and my talent kept going up and up. But I'll never make it pro.

S

Slippery Jim

I have an ok hockey talent. I have pretty good accuracy, speed, snappers, passing and dekes, but i don't know whether or not I'm going to try out for hockey or simply be a salesman or Cashier. I might just play in a non-physical mens ice hockey league.

I can't skate so no matter what my skills I can go nowhere. However at the same time I think that a career in coaching or playing professional mens ball hockey is not to far of a stretch for me. Train a little and go to some camps and see what could happen. But again thats the dream , Who know's what will actually happen.