Have you ever been mistaken for the opposite sex?

On the phone?

Pre-puberty I use to answer the phone at my parents house and sometimes get mistaken for being a female. The caller would usually call me ma'am or miss. That usually annoyed me and I responded with "I'm not a girl.", or "I'm not a woman.". Now, that I look back on it, it was funny. :lol:

So, Have you ever been mistaken for the opposite sex on the phone?

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
I'm mistaken for my father nowadays, but years ago, I was mistaken for a chick on the phone. Even now, if I laugh uncontrollably durring a prank call, they call me mam.

My voice is very female, so nope it's never happened. People have gotten my oldest daughter and me mixed up though.

And Envy, why would you want to sound like a guy?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No, my voice is too light to pass for a guy's voice. My mom's voice is low so people don't get confused with that.

However, I sound like a child sometimes perhaps. When I got a telemarketeer on the phone, he asked me to "pass the phone to your mom, would you?" :lol:

RATTIE

Registered Member
Not on the phone but in the flesh, yeah.
Especially if I have a hat on.
The man in the shop was talking at me like I was some kind of chav just this morning.

I know I look quite androgynous at times when I don't have any slap on but you'd think the 36d's would be a clue. :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh well, at least they think I'm a boy and not a man! :lol: