Have you ever been mistaken for the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viLky, Aug 18, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

On the phone?

Pre-puberty I use to answer the phone at my parents house and sometimes get mistaken for being a female. The caller would usually call me ma'am or miss. That usually annoyed me and I responded with "I'm not a girl.", or "I'm not a woman.". Now, that I look back on it, it was funny. :lol:

So, Have you ever been mistaken for the opposite sex on the phone?

Blueyes likes this.

2. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

Never for the opposite sex, but always for my mother. Our speech patterns are exactly alike, according to almost everyone who has met us both.

Blueyes likes this.
  3. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

I'm mistaken for my father nowadays, but years ago, I was mistaken for a chick on the phone. Even now, if I laugh uncontrollably durring a prank call, they call me mam.

Blueyes likes this.
  4. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

No, but I'd love to be.

I have been in real life, but not on the phone.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My voice is very female, so nope it's never happened. People have gotten my oldest daughter and me mixed up though.

And Envy, why would you want to sound like a guy?

Blueyes likes this.
  6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Nope, but I've been mistaken for my dad a lot.

Blueyes likes this.
  7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

No, my voice is too light to pass for a guy's voice. My mom's voice is low so people don't get confused with that.

However, I sound like a child sometimes perhaps. When I got a telemarketeer on the phone, he asked me to "pass the phone to your mom, would you?" :lol:

Blueyes likes this.
  8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

If you had said online, my answer would be hell yes. But I have a (at least semi) deep voice. I've never been confused for a girl on the phone.

Blueyes likes this.
  9. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

Not on the phone but in the flesh, yeah.
    Especially if I have a hat on.
    The man in the shop was talking at me like I was some kind of chav just this morning.

I know I look quite androgynous at times when I don't have any slap on but you'd think the 36d's would be a clue. :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh well, at least they think I'm a boy and not a man! :lol:

10. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

On the phone pre-puberty I was mistaken for a girl (my sister usually) all the time.

AngelsPeak likes this.