• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Have you ever been addicted to a Game or Video Game?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Have you ever been obsess with a game(App Store) or video game on a console to a point you can't stop playing?

Sabby

I wouldn't say addicted, but I speant hundreds of hours over a 2 year span playing MLB 12: The Show. Then when I moved I just stopped playing it, even though I had a PS3 at my disposal.

Every video game I play, I become addicted to it. It’s a bit of an OCD issue, because I have the tendency to want to “complete” whatever it is I’m playing. I’ve been addicted to:

Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
Legends of WrestleMania
WWE All-Stars
WWE 12
WWE 13
NBA 2K13
WWE 2K14
Toy Soldiers : Cold War

Among many others.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I was like Sabby, where I'd play NHL 04 for hours on end. I'd get home from school at around 3 and play until 7 almost every night. Then one day, I pretty much just stopped. I don't even own a PS4, XBOX or anything now and really haven't gamed in nearly 10 years with the exception of the odd game of Madden or NHL on XBOX while I'm at a friend's house or something.

Dedman

Registered Member
If I like the game, I'd be addicted until I finish it. After that, I probably wouldn't play it again.

Examples of games I've been way too addicted to:

inFamous
Saints Row
Metro: Last Light
The Last of Us
Red Faction Guerrilla
Batman: Arkham City

There are some fighting games that I still play with friends and family members:

WWE All Stars
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
WWE 2K14
Tekken Tag Tournament

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
every nhl game since nhl10 and im dead serious. i play it everyday, almost all my time is spent on it.

At one point, back when I had the 2nd Smackdown game on PS1, I played to the point that by the time I completely stopped playing the game, I had completed 20 full years in the Season mode. 20 YEARS.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
A lot of NHL games when I was a kid. A lot of Need For Speed and of course, Gran Turismo.

Spent 7+ years playing World of Warcraft since launch.

Now playing World of Tanks since it was released (Awesome, free to play game. Did I mention awesome?)