Have you donated blood?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viLky, Apr 19, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Have you ever donated blood before? If so, how many times and what is your blood type?

Once for me. I wanted to see what it was like. It was nice at first until that needle went into my arm. OUCH! I didn't notice much of anything except the soreness in my arms the following 3 days, and a slight bit of numbness.

I don't know my blood type since they never sent me my donor card. They sent me this "Universial herO" post card, though. I don't know if I'm O, A- or B-. *thinks...*

You?

2. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

I did when I was younger.

I had breast cancer in the past few years, and now they don't want my blood.

I'm O+.

3. Spackerchip

Spackerchip Registered Member

I would if I knew my blood type. Needles arn't really a big thing for me. So I should be fine in that area, but to think that they'll take lots of my blood would creep me out a bit.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I have actually never donated blood. Needles bug the crap out of me. (And yet I got a tattoo..go figure) Anyway, I've always thought about it, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

(Oh and Skylar that is one of my favorite avatars...ever!)

5. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

You don't need to know. They will tell you when they send you a card.

and they won't take too much that it would hurt you. Your body will make up for it in a very short time.

:cool: Thank you. Cheers.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont know what my blood type is because the one time I tried to give blood they couldnt take enough because I was starting to pass out. I dont know if I'll ever do it again. Wasn't a good experience.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Ive donated blood about 4 times. I am A-. The fastest i have ever donated was 3.39. I always race when I am donating its fun.

The problem is they do throw out a lot o blood...a lot goes bad I think or is not usable that is why they always are in need of it. (Yeah I guess blood goes bad after a certain time duration).

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm O+ but I don't make a good donor, physically.

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Yeah, I donated blood in high-school. I also sold plasma once, when strapped for cash, so I could get my gf a gift for her birthday. I have no idea what my blood type is anymore, though.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

How much can you sell plasma for? Good money? ^.^