Have you donated blood?

Have you ever donated blood before? If so, how many times and what is your blood type?

Once for me. I wanted to see what it was like. It was nice at first until that needle went into my arm. OUCH! I didn't notice much of anything except the soreness in my arms the following 3 days, and a slight bit of numbness.

I don't know my blood type since they never sent me my donor card. They sent me this "Universial herO" post card, though. I don't know if I'm O, A- or B-. *thinks...*

You?

Spackerchip

Registered Member
I would if I knew my blood type. Needles arn't really a big thing for me. So I should be fine in that area, but to think that they'll take lots of my blood would creep me out a bit.

I have actually never donated blood. Needles bug the crap out of me. (And yet I got a tattoo..go figure) Anyway, I've always thought about it, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

(Oh and Skylar that is one of my favorite avatars...ever!)

Skylar

Keepin' It Real
I would if I knew my blood type. Needles arn't really a big thing for me. So I should be fine in that area, but to think that they'll take lots of my blood would creep me out a bit.
You don't need to know. They will tell you when they send you a card.

and they won't take too much that it would hurt you. Your body will make up for it in a very short time.

(Oh and Skylar that is one of my favorite avatars...ever!)
:cool: Thank you. Cheers.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont know what my blood type is because the one time I tried to give blood they couldnt take enough because I was starting to pass out. I dont know if I'll ever do it again. Wasn't a good experience.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Ive donated blood about 4 times. I am A-. The fastest i have ever donated was 3.39. I always race when I am donating its fun.

The problem is they do throw out a lot o blood...a lot goes bad I think or is not usable that is why they always are in need of it. (Yeah I guess blood goes bad after a certain time duration).

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Yeah, I donated blood in high-school. I also sold plasma once, when strapped for cash, so I could get my gf a gift for her birthday. I have no idea what my blood type is anymore, though.