• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?

Thoughts? As you know, people these days are addicted to their phones - I will admit, I am one of those people. Do you believe that Smartphones have destroyed a generation?

Powerful

Registered Member
I wish I didn't feel so connected to my phone but I'm always worried I'll miss a call regarding the kids so I make sure I have it with me at all times.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
People don't talk to each other anymore they are to busy with their phones. I see this all the time at work in the breakroom. . . . . . .

Impaired

Registered Member
Crappy parents are destroying every generation.

MissMe

Registered Member
I wouldn't say that smartphones have destroyed a generation. Smartphones have just changed a generation. I am guilty about spending too much time on my phone but I still get things done.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes and no. I mean, before smart phones, there were those of us who just would be on their laptops all day. And before that, there were people who would just be on their desktop pc in their room all day. At least with smart phones, people are going outside. 😂

Carmelita

Registered Member
I don't know about ruin, just that if I want to contact my daughter expeditiously, I must text her. She doesn't read her emails, just texts. She will answer if I call but prefers to just text everything. Of course, she can do it about 10 times as fast as me but that's all good. I can get my thoughts across.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I don't think they have. I think people let themselves let their phone rule their life, but its not the phone's fault. People just need to exhibit self control. I use my phone a ton, but its a tool for me. Bus schedules, alarms, looking up info, contacting people. I think I make like one actual phone call a month haha. Its nice having a mini computer to carry around with me everywhere.