• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Have his feelings changed?

SamGraham

I have been with my boyfriend for a year now and I really love him. He treats me well and we have a good time together.
He have a long distance relationship (I live in the UK so it's not too bad!) so we only get to see each other at the weekends, which again is fine and adds flair to our relationship.
The thing is, although he still treats me really well, he doesn't treat me quite as well anymore. I just can't put my finger on it. He still says he loves and makes an effort to see me and he is totally faithful. He's just not as romantic or say the passionate things that he used to. It seems as though he has got comfortable. I have tried mentioning it but he just brushes it off.
Has he got bored of me? I am just not sure if this kind of behavior is totally normal over a year into a relationship or if his feelings are changing?!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Maybe the distance is tearing you apart. Maybe this is becoming tiring and annoying to him that he has no desire to be as romantic as he used to be.
Distance can be good sometimes, but when it goes on for a long time, then it has a negative effect.
It could be that his feelings are changing just because of this distance.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Maybe he's "changed" because not he's not performing in order to win you. I don't think he's bored. As you said he's grown comfortable but that is good!! If you want to be romanced again, romance him first. Then tell him the next weekend it's his turn to come up with something.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I faced a similar situation last year. I noticed that my girlfriend didn't have the same excitement or energy in her voice when she talked to me that she had before. It seemed like her passion was gone. And I asked her about it many times, but she always said her feelings hadn't changed and that I was being ridiculous. Deep down I knew she was lying, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Eventually we broke up and it turned out her feelings HAD changed when I suspected they did, and she had also been seeing another guy.

Everybody shows their emotions differently, so there's no way to be able to answer your question definitively.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
It is hard for me to offer any advice, first, both times for me I think is "love" was all lies to them. This for me will make the next very difficult to ever trust, also I do not even wish to date anymore.

But for you, there is not so much information to offer any advise. I do not know your ages, if you have more than what you see as love in common etc... this kind of details may make it easier for someone to give you better advise.

redroses

Registered Member
maybe he is just comfortable, and is that really a bad thing?
as relationships go on things change, people normally do become less romantic and spontanious because they are settled and this dosent have to be a bad thing you cant always expect him to be overly-romantic just because things arent as they used to be dosent mean he is bored.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Basically, it could be any of the things others have mentioned.

It could be that the distance is getting to him. It could be that he's bored of the relationship. It could be that there's someone else.

But maybe he's just moved past the initial enthusiasm and has moved on to the next phase of a relationship, which is perfectly normal and healthy.

Just be careful not to get too worked up about it, or you might end up killing a relationship that was completely healthy.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Maybe he's "changed" because not he's not performing in order to win you. I don't think he's bored. As you said he's grown comfortable but that is good!! If you want to be romanced again, romance him first. Then tell him the next weekend it's his turn to come up with something.
I think it may be this.

Of course he's going to be over the top at first to attract you and keep you. It seems like you guys are fairly stable and secure as far as your relationship goes so he feels like he doesn't need to try so hard anymore. It not like he doesn't like you as much. it's just a different stage of the relationship. It seems that you leaving isn't a concern anymore so his efforts maybe be put into keeping you happy.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Long distance relationships CAN work. I used to only see my boyfriend every other weekend and it made me so sad. I loved him so much that I would put myself through that torture because when I saw him it was always so special.

Maybe your boyfriend is just sad that he can't see more of you. I am not sure what your situation is but can't one of you relocate?
I had to wait so long to live with my boyfriend and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.