Hats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazmarov, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Old-style hats are coming back into style once again. Do you have any hats that aren't baseball caps or beanies?

Today I went to a nationally-renowned hat store (The Hat Guys in Oakland, CA), and got a rabbit-fur fedora with a leather band.

Pics or it didn't happen

[​IMG]

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have many different style of hats. I have one fedora hat like that, and I have something similar to a berret, but isn't quite one. It looks more like a golf hat I guess. Older people usually wear those type of hats.

3. Kazmarov

Is it possibly a paddy cap?

[​IMG]

One of two paddy caps I own. This one isn't a true paddy cap, as it doesn't have a button in the center. It's polyester/cotton hybrid, so while it doesn't look as legitimate, it's very resistant to rain.

The other one I got in Istanbul for five US dollars, but it doesn't fit well.

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I have fedora hat just like the one you posted, and I also have one that ressembles the ones Michael Jackson wears in his music videos. I call it my pick-up hat :D

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

When I was younger I regrettably spent the money on a Stetson Skyline 10x beaver lined Cowboy hat. Its a beautiful hat, extremely comfortable to wear to. Thing is I dont like to wear it all that often because of how much I spent on it. So it only comes out of the box a few times a year for NRA dinners or OSCC banquets.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I have a bucket hat that I use for hiking or if I'm outdoors for a long period of time. Keeps the sun off my face and neck.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like cloche hats.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I usually wear one during fall/winter. My friends don't like wearing hats because it interferes with their hair "style". I don't mind.

8. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Just want to say Kaz, that hat is pimp.. I have no idea where you find a chance to wear it though.

I'm not much of a hat person so I just have a few baseball cap style hats laying around my room.

BTW.. What is with the cardboard clock tower on your counter?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I have hats like both of the styles you posted as well as about 10 others. I like hats and have been known to go a bit crazy when buying them. :lol:

I have about 10 hats that are not baseball hats. The most expensive hat I have is a 100% genuine black leather cowboy hat that cost around $150. Everything else is more in the $30-$50 range.

The only baseball hats I have are ones I got for free. I don't really like them so I won't buy them.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  10. Kazmarov

Well, one of the HP heirs runs a fantastic local theater that plays classic movies. I plan to show up there in the hat and my pinstriped suit jacket from time to time.

Besides that, school and going around town. It doesn't get too hot here, and besides the three months of rain, I can wear it year-round.

Art Spectrum sculpture project. the trapezoids up top were individually fitted together with hot glue.

Mm. This fedora cost 100$ because it was real rabbit hair, rather than woolen. Nice woolen fedoras cost 40-75$