• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Has your opinion on James changed this season?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of members here couldn't stand LeBron James last season and previous years. If you've watched him this season, then you probably seen a lot of maturity from him.

And, please just answer this question if you actually seen him play this year, has your opinion changed of LeBron James?

Thoughts?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Love him and hate him kinda deal going on with him haha

I liked him on the Cavs...he was one of my favorite players because I respected him a lot and the fact he was playing for his home town team was really cool.

The whole ESPN deal when he signed in Miami put me off to him and he's always clowning around and just being a bad sport. I know they won last year and that's cool but I'm still not a huge fan of his.

To be honest, I don't hate him as much as I did the past couple of years though. Guess I got over it because I've always liked Wade.

dDave

V.I.P.
My opinion of James has changed in the sense that I have seen his ability and teamwork skills grow immensely. Coming from Cleveland, he was used to playing as a one man team and thus he had to carry his team heavily. He's not quite as much of a ball hog (though he still has it in his hands for an insane amount of time)

I still see him as arrogant (even if it is warranted). I just don't like that in a player. (not trying to start a Kobe vs LeBron fight here though as Kobe is my favorite player, certainly he has shown moments of arrogance)

As Kobe's time in the league is coming to a close, I don't think it's within reason to say that LeBron won't be the best player in the league (some people think he is right now).

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree with Millz somewhat, my opinion of him as a Cavalier was he was a really good player who had a lot of potential. The whole ESPN thing turned me off and whatever respect I had for him I lost. The whole Dirk thing when they were playing the Mavs is an example of him immaturity. Has he become a better player this year? Sure, but that's to be expected.

I will say no matter how many rings he wins I will never hold him in the same regard as Bird, Magic, Jordan or even Dincan. Sure you want great players around but they won without doing what he did. In Duncan's case he lost his All-Star Center, a hell of a Small Forward, his point guard and a great bench and STILL won 2 more rings without taking his talent somewhere else or conspiring with friends to all sign together.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I liked him on the Cavs...he was one of my favorite players because I respected him a lot and the fact he was playing for his home town team was really cool.

The whole ESPN deal when he signed in Miami put me off to him and he's always clowning around and just being a bad sport. I know they won last year and that's cool but I'm still not a huge fan of his.

To be honest, I don't hate him as much as I did the past couple of years though. Guess I got over it because I've always liked Wade.
This except for the third one. I've always respected LeBron's ability and when I hear him compared to Jordan I don't say "oh no way!" I liked him on the Cavs and trying to bring his hometown team some glory, but the ESPN melodrama made me think of him as a spoiled brat and I'm afraid that feeling will never fully fade. I still root against the LeBron James of the Miami Heat. I do respect his ability.