• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Has this ever happened to you?

I'll make it short: basically, I got drunk out of my mind last night (family birthday) and I had quite the hangover this morning. So I dozed off this afternoon and I fell asleep with my head over my left wrist. As I wake up, my wrist feels numb but I feel like I lost strength in my left hand in the process. I thought it would go back to normal in the next few minutes but it's been almost 10 hours now and I barely can use my left hand to type because my wrist and hand are cramping quite easily. Do you think it's anything serious? I'm right-handed but still, I'm really worried right now.

Next time, I'm gonna make sure my wrist isn't bent in a weird angle before I fall asleep.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No, can't say that it's ever happened to me before.

I'm sure it's nothing to serious. I would give it about four to five days before you get concerned.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Bizzy said:
No, can't say that it's ever happened to me before.

I'm sure it's nothing to serious. I would give it about four to five days before you get concerned.
Agreed with Bizzy! I'm sure it's the same thing as sleeping awkwardly and waking up with a kink in your neck or a bad knot in your back. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I haven't had this happen to my wrist before, but I've slept awkwardly on my shoulder before which resulted in me barely being able to lift it without some pretty bad pain that lasted a day or so.

Well, it's already better today. It does feel indeed sore but everything pretty much returned to normal! :)

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I sleep all the time with my arm under my pillow (clear stupidity on my part) and there have been times it takes a few hours or even a day for it to get all better

I use to do that every night but I'm doing it much less nowadays. Usually returns to normal a few minutes or so after I take the arm under the pillow. Clearly Sunday's incident was freakish lol

Crypticshock

Registered Member
You probably put pressure on a nerve or blood vessel and "killed your arm"... sometimes If I sleep on an arm, my arm will be a sleep for a few minutes after I wake up. Like I'd take my left arm to lift my right arm. Almost like a weekend at bernie's.

Look on the bright side, you could pull off a good "Stranger" with that ;) [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stranger]

Well, my wrist was pretty much dead for at least 12 hours but it all came back to normal on Monday morning.

Falling asleep on my arm is a constant thing for me. At least once a week. ;)