Has the Federal Government overstepped its bounds?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Feb 28, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

There has been much debate on what the roll of Government is. I for one think the feds have over stepped their bounds. How about you? Cite examples.

In my opinion I think the federal government has overstepped its bounds. They have violated each amendment in the bill of rights many times.

FEMA camps, youth brigades, fairness doctrine, gun control, mass arrests, high taxes, and millions upon millions of other beurocratic bullshit rules and regs.

The constitution is crystal clear on what the government can and can not do.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

No, it's really not. Interpretations of its various clauses vary across a wide spectrum, which is why we have the Supreme Court.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Anything outside of that is a violation of what congress can do. Thus unconstitutional.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  4. ScottOnly

ScottOnly Registered Member

My honest belief is that all government overstepped its bounds by mearly exsisting. I want to live in a world free of government, no matter how chaotic or hellacious it may become. I like the idea. Maybe I was a caveman in a former life.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

To say "yes" would be a huge understatement.

Of course in terms of historical context government has almost always overstepped its bounds since the beginning of this country. Not that that's an excuse.

Mmm, they didn't do that last time I checked.