• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Has The Act To Stop Racism Gone Too Far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Really there will never be a day where the world doesn't judge eachother by their color, to some degree. However, the over all concept of hating one culture COMPLETELY because of their skin color has gone down. (Now of course a lot of Americans have moved from African Americans now to people of Arab decent, but whatever.)

I think the level of political correctness that is required now is absolutely ridiculouse. I mean honestly, that keeps the prejudice alive more than anything else. If people, like Jessie Jackson (may he burn in hell), would stop flipping out everytime someone says black in a sentence, then perhaps it wouldn't be such a problem. No offense to anyone that is black, but sometimes issues like that only hurt themselves. When you see them doing that, then it makes the public think thats how all blacks are. Kind've stupid I know, but eh its what happens, atleast in America.

As far as I'm concerned there is no reason to be biased one way or another, every person is an individual so just because I'm white and Joe is black doesn't mean that I'm better than Joe. Hell, Joe is probably better than I am.

Who knows; I think the issue has been drawn out far too much, and I'm really sick of hearing about it.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Sui Generis said:
Really there will never be a day where the world doesn't judge eachother by their color, to some degree. However, the over all concept of hating one culture COMPLETELY because of their skin color has gone down. (Now of course a lot of Americans have moved from African Americans now to people of Arab decent, but whatever.)

I think the level of political correctness that is required now is absolutely ridiculouse. I mean honestly, that keeps the prejudice alive more than anything else. If people, like Jessie Jackson (may he burn in hell), would stop flipping out everytime someone says black in a sentence, then perhaps it wouldn't be such a problem. No offense to anyone that is black, but sometimes issues like that only hurt themselves. When you see them doing that, then it makes the public think thats how all blacks are. Kind've stupid I know, but eh its what happens, atleast in America.

As far as I'm concerned there is no reason to be biased one way or another, every person is an individual so just because I'm white and Joe is black doesn't mean that I'm better than Joe. Hell, Joe is probably better than I am.

Who knows; I think the issue has been drawn out far too much, and I'm really sick of hearing about it.
Actually it is not those of Arab decent that get slammed the most, it is those of Latino decent that get it the worse. Arabic people had it ruff for a little while after 9/11, but that was it. Mexicans, and other Latino countries get a lot of crap, mostly for trying to "steal" American jobs, when they are actually less lazy then most American workers, and will work for cheaper, while working harder. The logical choice to hire them seems quite evident. The apartment complex I live at actually got fined for hiring illegals though.

merob

Boom!
Sui Generis said:
I agree with everything except this part.
It's my belief, it's possible a new form of prejudice will arrise, powerful enough to overwelm conflict based around race or skin tone. Seriously, i've seen racism first had countless times, but it's just not ethical anymore. Your more likely to be treated like an outcast preaching some KKK shit if anything. I respect your opinion if you disagree, but you cant just say "that'll never happen leave. =(
I wanna argue.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Piccolo said:
Sui Generis said:

Actually it is not those of Arab decent that get slammed the most, it is those of Latino decent that get it the worse. Arabic people had it ruff for a little while after 9/11, but that was it. Mexicans, and other Latino countries get a lot of crap, mostly for trying to "steal" American jobs, when they are actually less lazy then most American workers, and will work for cheaper, while working harder. The logical choice to hire them seems quite evident. The apartment complex I live at actually got fined for hiring illegals though.
And that is why people say people from latin american countries are stealing jobs. Its not that they are here to do honest work. It isn't because the work harder or for less. It is because a large part of that group is here illegally. To steal indicates an illegal act and I think it is fair to say that a lot of people coming into the US from Mexico are coming literally to steal jobs.Yes it is true that good and honest people of latin decent are also taking the brunt of it, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Racism is a fad though. Prejudice is the real issue though. People will always find a new way to be prejudice againsrt some one. Take a look at racism for a moment. The only people keeping racism alive are the people who are hating it. Chris Rock said in a comedy skit (called Black people vs. Niggas), "who is more racist, black people or white people? Black people. Why, because black people hate black people too."

My favorite part about the reverse racism (hating the people they claim are racists) is that they blame white people for slavery. But who captured the africans and sold them into slavery to the europeans? Africans did. Black people sold black people into slavery. The greatest irony of reverse racism.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

The only reason they are coming here illegally is because they will work for cheap, and know will get hired for working for cheaper wages then most others. If companies were forced to pay the same wages to illegals as they were to legal citizens, then we would not have this problem of illegal immigrants coming here to work. The corporations would lose the incentive to hire illegals if they were forced to pay them the same wages.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Piccolo said:
The only reason they are coming here illegally is because they will work for cheap, and know will get hired for working for cheaper wages then most others. If companies were forced to pay the same wages to illegals as they were to legal citizens, then we would not have this problem of illegal immigrants coming here to work. The corporations would lose the incentive to hire illegals if they were forced to pay them the same wages.
I agree.

However, if they were forced to pay the same wages, companies would just found cleverer ways around it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Piccolo said:
Then they would get into even bigger trouble.
Would it stop them? Certainly not. Robots like them can only be stopped by bullets and that may not even work.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

If the government enforced strict laws, making it VERY illegal to hire illegals for less then minimum wage then companies like Wal-Mart, etc would be taking very big risks.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
What do illegal workers do to the US economy? they don't pay taxes like te rest except sales tax, you can get 12 of them into a 2 bedroom apartment and most of the money is sent out of this country. This is not just hurting honest and hard working US citizens, it also hurts the US economy. It encorages illegal activity and hurts the people who live in the US that need those jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.