• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Has everyone done their taxes yet?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is for all of the US citizens here... everybody else is off the hook! :D

Well, it's almost the tax deadline again. I just did all of mine yesterday and it's a great feeling to be done.

I went and had an accountant file them, and I have to say it was worth every penny. This year I am keeping track of everything on Quicken, so I may be able to attempt it on my own next year, but who knows. I might just have somebody else do it again. It's worth something to know everything was done right. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
Well, we're not really off the hook if we're not US citizens if we made too much money off Americans :) We are supposed to file as non-resident, non-citizens anyway and just hope that our own country has a tax treaty so you don't wind up paying double the tax (in the US and in your home country). Kinda sucks, doesn't it? Luckily, I've got a tax treaty provision, but if I get 1099s or have other income from US sources, I better file in the US too. It's going to really bite when I finally get to retire and collect Social Security, like it's going to still be around then, but I can dream, can't I? I did live in the US and work there long enough to qualify for Social Security, but the paperwork might not even be worth what I'll get :-o

I still use software to prepare my own business taxes myself - even did the corporation taxes when I was involved in one without an accountant. But it was a simple thing as long as you don't have employees. It does make you feel better to have an accountant do it, no doubt, but I found that as long as I kept track of everything during the year, I could even do depreciation of equipment, etc. with the tax software that is available. I kind of felt, well, if they question it, the software (a reputable brand) can be my fallback - the software made me do it :lol: Never had any problems though ... knock on wood ...

Melos

Registered Member
Well, this has been left for a while, but I'm starting to think about filing my self-employment taxes once again at the start of the new year. I've been super busy getting everything squared away in Quickbooks for myself.

katharina

Registered Member
I might be in a very small minority, but I like getting taxes out of the
way just as soon as is humanly possible. I've been filing online for both
federal and state taxes. What a load off that is!