• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Has anyone tried making cheese popcorn?

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Has anyone tried making cheese popcorn? I have. The problem is that the cheese powder is not sticking to much of the popcorn and it always ends up at the bottom of the bowl:mad:!

I wonder the cheese powder sticks to the popcorn.

dDave

V.I.P.
Cheddar Cheese Popcorn Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network

The best way to get anything that isn't already naturally sticky (such as caramel) to stick to popcorn is to use melted butter. It gives something for the powder to bond to.

I've made cheese popcorn before but I think it's a waste of time. Cheddar popcorn is so cheap at the store that there's no reason to not just buy it there.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It sounds like you're just trying to sprinkle the powder on. You're probably better off popping it and then tossing some powder in the bag and shaking it. It will allow the cheese to actually dust the popcorn and get a chance to stick to it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Sounds like the most disgusting thing in the world. I am a sweet popcorn gal. The thought of salted or any other popcorn which isn't sweet makes me sick to my stomach.

Surely by adding cheese you're making it taste really heavy, when popcorn is supposed to be a light snack.