Harvest Moon -- We need more of um!

Harvest Moon needs to be more realistic?

• Total voters
If you've never heard of Harvest Moon here is a short description I got from Wikipedia:

The object of the game is to maintain a farm over a period of time, tending the crops and livestock through the seasons, while befriending the nearby townsfolk and getting married in some games.

Most Harvest Moon games are variations on a central formula. The game generally takes place over a period of time in which the player is charged with the task of running a successful farm, getting married, sometimes having a child, and becoming friends with the townsfolk.

Most gameplay in the Harvest Moon games consists of planting seeds to grow fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs in the spring, summer, and autumn, and collecting items, making home improvements, and building personal relationships. A successful farmer must weigh the cost, selling price, number of harvests, and growth times of the various types of produce in order to pick the best product for each of the seasons. One can also go fishing and mining for extra profit.
And for you video types:

YouTube - Harvest moon back to nature: Gameplay

Now, I enjoyed this series since it was fun, innovative and you get to farm! Yay! It also reminded me of The Sims in a way.

I believe that Harvest Moon needs to lose the cartoon-ish effects of this game and put in more realistic graphics - something along the lines of FPS (First Person Shooter) games. W-Whaaat!? you ask? Well, Harvest Moon has too many cartoon-ish graphics; I think they can do WAY better if they add realistic graphics to the game. FPS games (at least the new ones) such as Delta Force: Xtreme 2, Land Warrior and Call of Duty 2 give you that realistic feel. What I propose they should do is to use that landscape for the farm, city and everything else. Replace the soldier with a farmer and give him a hoe!

Maybe it's just me, but I want at least ONE Harvest Moon game that isn't cartoon'd. How do you feel? Do you like this game series, and if they did release a Harvest Moon that was more realistic would you play it? I know I would! =P

Last edited:

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I played it on the gamecube a while back and I liked it. I wasn't really into rpg type games at the time but it caught my attention. I do like games where you can build relationships. That is one of the things that attracted me to the game. If they made a realistic one, I would be sure to pick it up and retry this game.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
No. Fuck realistic graphics.

The cartoonish graphics are what give the series its charm. I mean, what exactly is added to the series by putting in realistic graphics? Nothing, nada, ziltch, zip, zero, nothing would be added or improved with the inclusion of it.

What's next, Mario with realism?

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Funny that you made this thread because I recently started playing this out of boredom. I used to play it as a kid but I felt like playing it again for some reason, I like it as it is but I don't really care what they do to the graphics because I like the game play of it.

No. Fuck realistic graphics.

The cartoonish graphics are what give the series its charm. I mean, what exactly is added to the series by putting in realistic graphics? Nothing, nada, ziltch, zip, zero, nothing would be added or improved with the inclusion of it.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm not one of those graphic -----s that judges the game based on the cool, 1337 and uber graphics it has or anything of the sort. It's just when I was playing this FPS game it has SO much free roam and it looked so realistic that I thought having a Harvest Moon game such as this would be amazing. Even though real farming is probably boring as heck, I just think having one Harvest Moon game being different from the cartoon-ish way it has been going would be great.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Wasn't accusing you of being one. I'm just saying it's the cartoony graphics which help to make Harvest Moon what it is.