• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Harvard abolishes 'master' in titles in slavery row

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Harvard University in the US is going to remove the word "master" from academic titles, after protests from students who claimed the title had echoes of slavery.
Harvard abolishes 'master' in titles in slavery row - BBC News

While I don't think colleges should be displaying racist symbols or people using racist language I think we are tuning into a nation of the habitually offended. Sometimes I think they teach how to be offended. I'm amazed they aren't offended by some of the old buildings built during slavery.

They also want Woodrow Wilson College name changed because the man had racist views. I bet a lot of people from that era had at least some racist views. Most of us don't care for racists anymore but consider the times.

Thoughts?