Hartford Whaler fans must be pissed

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Millz, May 15, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Seriously, the Hurricanes are doing it again. Since moving from Hartford to Carolina the team has won a Stanley Cup, lost in the Stanley Cup finals and makes the playoffs all the time. I dont think they won a playoff series in Hartford...makes ya wonder if those people root for Carolina or not! I dont know if I would to be honest.

Nobody talks about them but yet again they are in the Eastern Conference Finals. I wouldnt be shocked if they won that one too.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

You know whats funny to is that Carolina is such an Underdog. I'll admit I hear "Oh hows the Carolina Hurricanes doing this year" and I just sorta laugh and think, meh its carolina...

But truth be told (and I'm gonna eat some crow here), they have a good team. I didnt think Cam Ward had it in him to do it again, and to be honest I'm glad he's proving me wrong. I'm not a huge fan of the Staals, so thats no biggie here, but really I do think that Cam is a big thing for Carolina (as much as I thought he wasnt prior to the first round of the playoffs).

But I bet you're right, must sorta be like the Nordiques fans felt like when Colorado put on that great show :hah:... But of Course the Jets fans must just be laughing at the ploy of the 'Yotes.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah it does suck for the Whalers, the Hurricanes already won a Stanley Cup, they also lost in the Finals against the Red Wings. They have a chance to make it back to the Stanley Cup finals again this season.

Their one of the hottest teams in the league right now.