Hart Trophy?

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
Who do you think will win the Hart Trophy?

I think my finalists guys for it are Ovechkin, Ryan Miller, and Henrik Sedin.

But I think it will be Henrik Sedin who wins it, or at least deserves to. Keep in mind I am a Canuck fan though =P

To me Ovechkin is the biggest competition, he has almost the same number of points as Henrik in fewer games and he has more goals all in fewer games. He may have more games but he plays 4 more minutes per game than Henrik, evening the playing field quite a bit. He also doesn't mean as much to the Capitals as Henrik does to the Canucks. That team's forward lines would still be loaded without him. Without the goals Henrik has been involved in the Canucks drop from 2nd or 3rd in league scoring to last, and not a close last either.

I don't see Ryan Miller as huge competition as I believe he's tailed off in the last third of the season although he started wonderfully. And I don't think he has good enough numbers for a Hart this season.

I've heard the sentiment expressed that Henrik doesn't deserve it because he has too many second assists. Quick fact. Henrik Sedin's goal:assist ratio is the same as Wayne Gretzky's throughout his career.

Who do you think deserves the Hart? Ovie? Crosby? Miller? Geroges Laraque?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Capitals have the best record so I have a feeling Ovechkin will with again this season, but I would like to throw another name out there and that's Ilya Bryzgalov what he's done with the Coyotes this season is simply remarkable and one expected him to have such a good record like they do.

It should be a close race that's for sure.

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
Henrik Sedin got 4 points in his last game of the season. Can Ovechkin win the Hart if he doesn't win the Art Ross? He needs 3 points tomorrow to win the Art Ross as he owns all the tie-breakers.

What about if he doesn't with the Rocket Richard? He is tied with Steven Stamkos for league lead with his one game still to come.

In my mind the goalies don't have a chance this year as a goalie hasn't won it in a long time one would need an amazing season. It's between these 2 forwards for me, and it all depends on Ovie tomorrow in my mind.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It doesn't matter if Sedin finishes with the most points, the Capitals have won the most games in the NHL and the biggest reason for being the best team in the NHL is because of Ovechkin, I don't see him losing this award. But I won't lie it will be so close.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd like to see Sedin get an equal look but I think the best player in the world should win the Hart Trophy this year. That's Sidney Crosby.

Uh, er, I mean Ovechkin. I think.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I would give it to Henrik Sedin. To me, he has been the best player in hockey from game 1 through 82. Having said that, I won't argue with Ovechkin, Crosby, or Bryzgalov; but to me, Sedin was simply astounding this season and deserves to be rewarded.