Hart Foundation

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm mostly speaking of Jim and Bret for this thread.

Do you believe they're the greatest tag team of all time? I know they were only together for six years(1985-1991) but the impact they made were simply outstanding. They've had some of the best tag team matches I've ever seen.

Some people will make arguments that these teams were better:

-The Hardy Boyz
-Edge and Christian
-The Rockers
-Demolition
-Road Warriors
-Dudley Boyz
-New Age Outlaws

You can make solid arguments for those teams that I've just listed, but personally I just believe the matches from The Hart Foundation were top notch. The chemistry between Bret and Jim was always there(well most of the time :lol:) I've yet to see a real bad match from The Hard Foundation, if you have one in mind please share it with me.

The microphone skills weren't really there for this tag team, but I don't believe it was really important back then. Their promo's were pretty good though, led by Jimmy Hart.

I know some people might believe I'm being bias here because I'm a huge Bret Hart fan, but honestly after watching the Hart Family DVD and then spending hours on youtube looking at Hart Foundation matches, I've came to realise that there was no one better in my book.

Thoughts?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
There is no one better in the ring than them, I agree. They didn't have the total package, though. Even in that age, it was important to tell a story through the matches, and I feel like the best team for that was easily D-Generation X or The Rockers. Those two were the whole package, IMO.

Another argument that could be brought up is innovation. Clearly E&C, Hardy Boyz and Dudley Boyz would be right up there.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Despite only holding on to the titles for two reigns, they held the belts for nearly a year (342 days) longer than The Hardy Boyz six WWE tag team title reigns. Their feuds with The British Bulldogs, The Killer Bees and Demolition remains some of the best in WWE tag team history.

The Rockers were probably the most popular tag team in the history of the WWF, but they never won the title. I agree they were a tremendous tag team, and at times they were more entertaining than the Hart Foundation, but I still don't believe they were better than them. But I rank them second after HF.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Rockers would technically be my #2.

Really? Demolition feuds were good? I thought they weren't, really. I preferred the Brit Bulldog feuds myself.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The feuds they had against The British Bulldogs were top notch, but that's because they had an incredible chemistry together. Every time Jim and Bret faced Davey and Dynamite they made sure to bring out the best out of each other. They were all trained by Stu Hart and wanted to represent him really well.

Dynamite was probably one of the toughest dude to ever step in a WWE ring, Jacques Rougeau put a role of quarters in his hand and punched Dynamite three times in the face and he didn't go down, but lost four teeth in the process.

He also wrestled Mick Foley back in the 80's, and Foley said that he was manhandled so badly by Kid that he couldn't eat solid foot for a week. He tore a ligament in his jaw when he took a Hook Clothesline.

I thought the feuds with Demolotion were good, they really started off in 1988, and even though they couldn't win the titles(Hart Foundation that is) I still thought both of these two teams put a good product for the fans.

Last edited: