Movies Harry Potter: Order of Phoenix

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Swiftstrike, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I saw this movie not even an hour ago.

I thought it was pretty dark but I enjoyed the movie alot. The special effects surpass any other of the Potter movies.

I think It was the best one of the batch though I believe it strayed the most from the book. (There were parts that were totally not even in the book they just kinda threw in there for dramatic effect).

Thoughts?

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

It was the best out of the others in my opinion. But I also noticed that if you haven't read the book, you will most likely get lost.

I was extremely mad when they made Cho be the one to tell on the D.A.!!!!!!!!!! >.<;

I saw the movie when it came out and was surprised when the movie theater was only a little over half full.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

They killed a few birds with one stone though. They avoided the awkward scene in the book where Harry and Cho have a bit of a breakdown and Marietta entirely by simply making it seem like Cho did it. It was merely a technique to cut down on time.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Cho wasn't as hot as I thought she'd be. :no: I was afraid she'd by shown crying half the time...like she did in the book. I hardly remember anything from the book so some parts that were changed were completely oblivious to me.

I liked the dark mood of this movie though. Too bad this one's just setting up for the next movie.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I dont read the books, but so far all the movies have been amazing and really well done. I cant comment too much on this movie, kind of boing at some points but the action fight scene at the end was something to take grasp of. Finally some actual good wizar/witch fighting from experienced people instead of the students doing it all.

Did anyone else got confused when they said that the creatures that attaked Harry in the beginning were dementors? They looked a lot different in this movie than in the last installment.

~Shwa'

6. Merc

Well, if you read the book . . . :yes:

They look the same, they just weren't wearing hoods this time.

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I saw it.

It was pretty good, as I've come to expect.

My biggest annoyance was the was a baby crying through the entire climax |:<

8. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

During out movie people had their cell phones on adn we were sitting in the top row so we could see every lit screen. Finally my friend was geting pissed as I was, so when Harry and ther others were in the room with the Prophesies (sp?) my friend yelled:

"TURN OFF YOUR DAMN PHONES!"

Instantly every screen turned off, and most of the theatre was laughing,:lol:.

Well, the hoods were rockin' so they should go back wearing them, lol.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

But it made her seem like the sneak and not the bitch Marietta. :mad: That just annoyed me for some reason.

10. Merc

No it didn't, because if you paid attention at the end, they said Cho was under the influence of Veritaserum.