Movies Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Delayed

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vegito728, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Source: Harry Potter Delay Evokes Angry Outbursts Amongst Fans « FirstShowing.net

There's nothing like HP fan boys now is there?

2. troubl3dmind

troubl3dmind Registered Member

Books are always better than the movies, and Harry Potter is no exception. Read the books to get the full experience and then just wait for the movies. If you've read the books the wait isn't that long anyway. I've read through book seven and seen up to five in the movies? I already know what happens lol

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Nooooooooooooo!

Um, yeah. :lol: But damn! Eight months...

I'm a big fan and I'm upset but I don't think I'd be starting an anti-WB campaign right now or stage boycotts. :rotfl:

Exactly what came to mind when I read the thread title. I just posted that teaser trailer they recently released. It made me want to see more and get excited about the movie. It also reminded me how soon I'd be seeing it. Before that trailer, I was successfully putting HP out of my mind so I don't get too impatient waiting for it.

I seriously don't think the fans will boycott HP just to get back at WB for moving the date. On that side, WB will not suffer. They're just getting bad publicity right now. But in the industry, even that can be better than not getting publicity at all.

I want to know too if it was a production trouble/snag that takes longer to finish the movie or it's just a marketing strategy to reschedule for summer release next year (they seem to have more success than Fall releases).

4. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

I agree. The HP movies were pretty mediocre. I only saw the first two

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

How can you critique something when you've only seen 40% of them?

6. photosaurusrex

photosaurusrex Registered Member

I'm a big fan of Harry Potter (the books) I've seen all the films too, and to be honest it wasn't very long to wait until it came out in november, and they're delaying it by eight months because if they release it in the summer, they said that "summertime is the ideal window for a family tent pole release” ie they'll get more money that way. It's a pretty lame excuse, Harry potter isn't a film no one's heard of before, it has had five previous films with massive followings, money shouldn't be an object. However they're too busy thinking about their bank balance to care.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

This totally blew my trip to Myrtle Beach to see it on the IMAX screen since they shut ours down and my one friend was devastated. They could put this one out in the summer for that "blockbuster hit" they are looking for and the next installment in November but they won't.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just read this:

"Warner Brothers said on Thursday that it would not release “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” the sixth film in the franchise, on Nov. 21 as planned, shifting the opening to July 17. Warner Brothers needed a blockbuster release next summer more than it did this fall, a studio official said, particularly because “The Dark Knight” had so strongly exceeded box office expectations this year. Like its Hollywood rivals, Warner is still feeling the effects of the recent screenwriters’ strike, which affected the readiness of scripts for 2009. Warner also noted that Harry Potter films have tended to perform better during the summer than they have at holiday time, when families have more demands on their leisure time."

Bummer.....

9. PrincessWendy05

PrincessWendy05 Registered Member

Biggest HP fan I was. The I met WB. Then it died. Now Im burrying it and thinking about poking WB with a fork. Im also not seeing any WB movies till HP comes out. See how much profit they make out of That. ---_---

10. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Bummer. I myself think the first two movies where best. As they had the first dumbledore, he kicked ass, but also the cast. I just didn't like the 3-5th movies. Plus, Jk Rollin doesnt do justice to the teenager melodrama thing. How teenagers are so cruel to eachother. The books are all filled with love-hate up-down relationships that really remind me of ABC FAmliy Dramas. It is aggravating. So long as the Delay improves the movie, I don't give a rats ass.