• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hardware differences between motherboards

Narient

Hey folks. New to the forum and hope to get some help with a project I've been thinking about. After watching the video of that guy making his own iPad, it peaked my curiosity as to how difficult that would be. I've worked with computers for a couple decades now and electronics components for a couple years so the basic I get. But in looking for components for this potential project, it got me to wondering if there if there were certain differences between the motherboards and onboard components that would restrict the motherboards I could consider for it. Specifically, I'm wondering what differences I would find that would keep me from using the MB out of a non-touchscreen laptop.

In any case, it's just in the initial idea phase so let's see what ya'll have to add.